Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 3/4 HJC is getting pretty old now and I think I want to go to a modular full-face. I was in town yesterday and looked at a LS2 Full Face Modular. For about $200, this looked like a good quality helmet. I like the way the chin bar was hinged and the quick release. Also comes with a sun-visor and the fit and feel was very good, as good as many more expensive helmets. I can't post links yet but was wondering if anyone here has one of these helmets and what your opinion of it is ? Thanks

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,359 Posts
Can't help you with that, but I have a Gmax modular. I am very happy with it

·
American Legion Rider
23,631 Posts
Since you already have an HJC why not just get another but moduler? At least you know they fit you. I've got one and it does the job just fine. I forget the model though. And since HJC fit you then I'd bet Fulmer would as well and they have one too which I have. And I can attest to the fact that they work in a real crash. Been there with one which is why I stayed with the brand for another one to replace the completely ruined first one.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like HJC helmets but I would try one on before buying it and the places I have looked close by don't carry HJC. Still a good suggestion though.

·
American Legion Rider
23,631 Posts
Yeah I'd for sure suggest trying one on because the sizes are different. I'm a borderline size so in one I'm a small and the other a medium. Frustrating as heck!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't buy a helmet yet, but I bought my wife one today. It's a Fulmer modular in maroon. Has the drop down sun visor in it, very nice - she loves it.

·
American Legion Rider
23,631 Posts
Not a darn thing wrong with a Fulmer modular. I'm still here because of one. Well maybe that's it's one flaw.:D

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
My attitude on helmets is this: I wanted a helmet that fit like a glove, had great vents, and that l wanted to wear. I looked around and finally just spent the money �� on a really good one and have not regretted it. I justified spending a buttload on it be telling myself I was worth it ��

I went and tried them on at shops and then bought online and saved about $75

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
........................Has the drop down sun visor in it..............
I bought a "Pit Boss" that has a drop down visor in it. Also very nice. about $140.00 if I remember correctly. Made by Bell, a helmet company that has been in business for years, and is respected for its products.

-Soupy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts