eagle soaring. "That's where I really
want to be," I thought to myself.
I turned my head and looked up.

It didn't work.

Maybe I needed to look there longer.

·
Registered
170 Posts
you can always get a busa and paint the front fender like a beak and the plastic like wings and look like a bird... then when you get up to 190 miles per hour just sit up and hold your arms out and take off! :D

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Yeh...It's a good idea to watch where you REALLY want to go. However, if you like a lot of excitement and pain, looking around has it's benefits!!

CD

·
Registered
170 Posts
ya you usually get over the look where you go thing after your first season. most people i ride with still dont believe me about counter steering. i can lean half way off the bike on the highway and keep the bike dead straight down the road. however looking where you go will ALWAYS help your confidnce in a turn no matter what.

i will say this though. if you try to do a u turn and look down. you will put your foot down every time. just turn your head completely around

·
10,757 Posts
Nice imagery. We have lots of eagles around here as well, and this summer two very large Hawks set up residence in a tree in our back yard. They kept the rest of the birds and most of the squirrels out of our yard all summer, but it was great to see them. Just remember, that feeling of freedom that you had when you saw those birds. That is the same feeling that many cage drivers have when they see you on your bike, cruising free down the highway.

·
Super Moderator
6,295 Posts
Yep...sometimes the sights just get in the way...but when you see some steep drop offs coming your way....you WILL put your head back into the riding!!!

I was on this road today....so many thoughts were running through my head...it is a beautiful day (if I go off the road I am dead), look at those rocks (right over the guard rail), look at the size of that mountain (what guard rail), jeeze there are no sharp turn signs on this road (where the *^*&%*^99 did that rock come from) !

Attachments

·
Veryfried
1,451 Posts
wow raven, that looks fantastic!

at the op, next time you feel like looking up in the sky & joining the eagles, just close your eyes and roll on the throttle, you'll be there soon enough.
if you want to enjoy the scenery while riding i suggest you invest in a gopro camera and review your ride later.

keep your eyes on the road ffs

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Yep...sometimes the sights just get in the way...but when you see some steep drop offs coming your way....you WILL put your head back into the riding!!!

I was on this road today....so many thoughts were running through my head...it is a beautiful day (if I go off the road I am dead), look at those rocks (right over the guard rail), look at the size of that mountain (what guard rail), jeeze there are no sharp turn signs on this road (where the *^*&%*^99 did that rock come from) !
Sweet Raven...best part is that's where I live! (or at least very similar)

·
Super Moderator
6,295 Posts
Sweet Raven...best part is that's where I live! (or at least very similar)

You are sooo lucky! I am glad I only get to visit these places, because I would be unemployed, sitting on the highway exits beggin for gas money every day, like a junkie!

Oh the minute you take your eyes off the road...something like this will occur... some road hole or something....or like the pic I missed of the squirrel who stood at the side of the road, debating..."hmmm now why was I going to cross the road, oh yeah need to bury that nut....what nut?..."(as he runs back and forth along the side of the road) or the big white mountain dog just walking down the side of the road....I so wanted to stop and take him somewhere safe....:frown:

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts