Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened a couple of weeks ago, actually I meant to post it already, but been pretty busy. This is a pretty sad story, like all, but I think it underscores the fact that "tricks" should be kept on a closed course or track.

Maybe this thread could be kept updated with new reports from each member's area. Possibly a good way to use these unfortunate events to serve as learning tools. Thoughts?

Motorcycle stunt results in the death of local man

One man has died following a motorcycle crash in north Alabama.

It happened at around 9:30 Monday night on Highway 431 near Highway 205 in Guntersville.

Investigators say two motorcycle riders were leaving San Pedro's Mexican Restaurant.

That's when one attempted to pop a wheelie as he was exiting the parking lot, lost control, and was thrown from his motorcycle.

He was then struck by oncoming van and killed on the scene.

Guntersville police had to shut down part of 431 while they worked the accident.

The victim's name is not being released.

·
Registered
608 Posts
But.....But where is all the politically correct lets save the world people? I was hoping to start a heated discussion on the wild riders out there and how we can save them from there selfs. The truth is they wont take it to the track because they are not that bright. I have rode with the local stunt crew they fascinate me these kids are remarkable in what they can do on a bike BUT they are kids witch means they are irresponsible scoff laws who could care less what we think! I know this because I was young and rebellious once ;)
They search for Freedom from Government, parents, school, and so they find that by out running the Police they experience a false sense of Freedom until they get caught enough times that they are forced to become responsible for there actions. some of them die that is just the way it is in a imperfect world
The smart ones will figure it out:cool: For those of you that think we need to save them You can not make a perfect world out of a imperfect World. Stop being so arrogant! I hope this dose not come off like a rant I am not mad just tired. :p

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have to agree with you, being a young buck myself I do love to experience my share of stunts, and I have had my close calls. I learn from every one and therefore become a more responsible rider. When I started out I would try crazy stuff anywhere and now I realize my errors and now only attempt to do anything on closed or wide open roads, I don't want to impress anyone but myself and it's too dangerous to try on any old road ^^see above story.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Well guys, I'm so danged old I can't remember when I was young! (yeah, sure) I used to come home all bloody and my clothes half torn off, and my wife wondered why I had such a happy smile on my face. It was because we went out on the trails and went nuts. The cuts and torn clothes were from trying to ram our bikes through brush they were never intended to go through. So, my advice is - if you want to go crazy on your bike, do it when nobody else is around to get hurt but yourself. It works every time.

·
Out Standing In His Field
581 Posts
The truth is they wont take it to the track because they are not that bright.
For many thats probably true...

I've never attempted a track day for bikes, but I've done one with my car, where I learned a lot as well had a great time. But there was so much advanced sign up time, red tape, waivers, sign up fees, and general pain in the behind bureaucracy I thought I was at work. So I've never done again. Today's tendency to not take responsibility for ones own actions and feel they got to sue for their own stupid actions have made what should be a simple event quite complicated.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Or, because they are not so impressive when matched up against experienced track riders...
Yes that was what I was trying to say in a round a bought way A lot of them lack experience in general But they have reaction time and fearlessness going for them. I have experience and I think I am pretty good on a bike but I am old and slow sore and tired of healing up. that holds me back where they will try it all until they know better. And if they live they too will one day look at the younger generation and say WTF are those dumb asses doing it has happened sense the beginning of time its just life have some fun watching it. :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts