Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,867 Posts
A guy I met went from here to South America, and back, on an 850 Guzzi. A tour company way down South, leases Triumphs.
Good luck to HD. Take the van for all the gear, plus a generator and lots of fuel. That is how to promote the clean E bikes.
Actually I think the E bike race at the IOM does more.

UK

·
Registered
781 Posts
Kind of what I was thinking, UK. Bring a support van for all the camera gear, wheels, tires, spare parts, generator, food, etc.

Maybe they can run some extension cords out the van and charge the bikes while they are rolling. They can get their 140/160 miles in like regular bikes before they take a break. Seriously though, I wish them luck, and it should be interesting.

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,938 Posts
Personally, I’m not sold on the hysteria over gasoline powered vehicles, so I don’t mind not having an electric bike. Until the technical issues of range and charging time are solved, electric bikes will not be practical as a primary ride (unless all you ride for is a daily commute). If I want to be more “green”, I ride my Honda PCX150 which is great fun to ride and gets about 100 mpg consistently. This scooter cost me $4000 brand new this past summer, a far cry from the $30,000 Livewire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts