Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wearing a Lil' Joe's vest for a while now and was so thrilled with it that I wanted to order a second one to have just in case something happened to the first. Now at $325/vest that's no small investment, but with the quality of my cut, the fit/style, I was willing to drop the cash.

I was about to place my order directly with Lil' Joe's when I received an e-mail from the FX Shop (Lil' Joe's supplies the guys on SOA now so the FX Shop carries their vests) saying they were having some big sale and gave me a coupon. I thought, great, I can save $100 on the order and it won't come out of Lil' Joe's pocket. So, I placed the order with FX on Nov. 26th, 2012. I even confirmed with Lil' Joe's that it's the exact same vest no matter what dealer I order from.

I finally received my second Lil' Joe's Leather vest yesterday (Jan. 2nd, 2013) after waiting over a month from when I placed the order.

From the first look it was obviously nowhere near the quality of the one I already own and wear. In fact, it looked like a cheap Chinese knockoff and was about half the weight. I was really shocked and thought, this can't be right. I called the owner of Lil' Joe's, took some pics and e-mailed them, and was told he'd call me right back. I explained, very nicely, that I couldn't believe that his tag was on this and I didn't want him receiving any bad press/comments because of someone else's mistake. When I sent him the e-mail I even told him how much I loved the vest I already own.

Today, after no call or e-mail came through, I called him again and was told to "f*** off and send it back". He told me that I wasn't "his customer" and screamed that "he didn't have time to argue with me". Now I was really taken aback. First of all, I explained once again that I was nothing but nice, even going so far as to take pictures so that he wasn't just going on my word. I also explained that I run a club with quite a few people and two different chapters, all of whom are (or at least were) encouraged to purchase vests from Lil' Joe's because of the quality.

This is appalling behavior from any manufacturer, but especially one in this small of an industry who is the single most expensive vest manufacturer on the market. While some of their vests might be amazing quality, I highly suggest seeing them in person before spending the money, and certainly wouldn't expect them to stand behind their so-called "lifetime guarantee". I am very understanding that things do happen and mistakes are made. I wasn't even upset about it, and all I was hoping was that he would see the obvious discrepancy, apologize, and swap me out for a properly made vest. Honestly, I thought that was more than fair. He didn't see it the same way and even called me an a** hole when I explained (after being screamed at) that I had no choice but to make the community aware of these actions.

I attached a few pictures to show you the differences. From top to bottom here are some notes.

1. Original cut (bottom) with nice thick leather and beautiful curve. Cheap cut (top) with thin leather and harsh edges as well as higher collar

2. Original cut (top) with high end snaps in the correct places. Cheap cut (bottom) with low quality snaps in the incorrect places.

3. Original cut (bottom) with thick leather and nice edges/stitching. Cheap cut (top) with thin leather and **** edges/stitching.

4. Original cut (bottom) with thick leather. Cheap cut (top) with thin leather.

5. Original cut (left) with beautiful stitching and perfect arm holes. Cheap cut (right) with obviously garbage stitching and cheap arm holes.

Very disappointing.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ignored customer, never buy from them

I ALSO ORDERED A VEST FROM LITTLE JOES, THAT WAS OVER 30 DAYS AGO, HE SENT IT TO THE WRONG ADDRESS, SO WHEN I RECEIVED THE TRACKING NUMBER I NOTICED IT HAD BEEN RETURNED FOR THE ADDRESS, SO I SENT THEM AN EMAIL (WITH THE ORIGINAL FORM WITH MY SHIPPING ADDRESS) SAYING THAT THE ADDRESS WAS WRONG AND IT WAS BEING RETURNED. THEN I WAITED FOR 2 DAYS, TRIED CALLING THE TELEPHONE NUMBER NO ANSWER SO I SENT ANOTHER EMAIL, NO ANSWER, CALL THE FOLLOWING SATURDAY AND FINALLY SOMEONE ANSWERED THE PHONE, EXPLAINED THE SITUATION AND HE SAID "HE WOULD SEND ANOTHER OUT" WELL 2 WEEKS NOW AND NO VEST, AUG 1ST I SENT AN EMAIL GIVING THEM THE TRACKING NUMBER AND SHOWING IT HAD ALREADY BEEN DELIVERED AND THE M. MILLS SIGNED FOR IT, SO IF THEY WERE NOT SENDING OUT A VEST JUST CREDIT BACK MY MONEY.

WELL HERE IT THE 6TH, NO EMAIL, NO MONEY. THESE ARE JUST REALLY SAD AND PATHETIC PEOPLE. AND IF THEY ARE SO DESPERATE THAT WOULD STILL FROM PEOPLE THEN I WOULD HOPE NO ONE WASTE THEIR TIME OR MONEY BUYING FROM THESE PEOPLE.

:icon_mad:

·
Registered
1 Posts
ripped off

I read your story , feel bad (P O) about that.. How someone can stay in business like that. is beyond me, I have a place where i buy my leathers from here in Texas called antelope creek leathers. Quality stuff! I've worn my leathers thru the rain and i just hang it up to dry off and the leather doesn't change. Heavy gauge leather. I don't work there or anything like that.. just a regular guy that rides a 95 heritage softail motorcycle Look up their web site. God bless

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wouldn't recommend doing business with these people as they for one don't care about their customers. We ordered a lambskin shirt and after we got the shirt it wasn't sized correctly so we reached out to Mike and he sent us a return label for the shirt and told us he would get the new one out once he got the return in, on a recorded call. After they received the return a week passed and we hadn't heard anything so we reached out to them to see when it was going to ship. At that time we were told that they were back-ordered and they wouldn't have any more until Dec 9th, so we told them to do a refund. After a week of not hearing anything we reached out to find out what was going on with our refund and was told oh Paypal is having issues and we have to wait. So we reached out to Paypal and they said all Lil Joes had to do was contact Paypal and they could get it all cleared up, but it was basically left up to us to babysit and keep hounding Paypal for our refund. After another week we get an email saying that Lil Joes got the 4x ready and wanted to know if we wanted it. We said go ahead and send it as Paypal hadn't done anything with the refund and we were going to sell the shirt to a friend anyway as we had already bought and received from another vendor. After getting the new shirt it is literally the same exact size as Lil Joes 3x shirt as we had one to compare it to that a friend owned that he had outgrown and was wanting this 4x to replace it but it was the same exact shirt he already owned. After telling mike that we wanted a refund his comment was a word for word
"You just got to throw little snide remarks in no matter what. I've come to the conclusion that you are a Prick. You just whine, piss and moan like a little baby since this has begun. I'm done with you". He has NO Respect for his customers and will ask you when it does t benefit him any longer what so ever. He doesn't know how to have good customer service and when you say something to him about it he gets mad and starts calling you names. Very Unprofessional Business. We should have believed the reviews on the forums that stated they are a thing about how his customer service skills are very poor and they hate to contact people.
When we returned the item now Lil Joes is taking 20% for restocking because their vest didn't fit a sit was supposed to and they are keeping $54 just because especially when their return policy states that you will be charged a 20% restocking fee for returning an item with a return authorization form which we had and included.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
This thread started in Jan. 2013. Is this company still in business? Don't know how they could stay in business if they treat all their customers like **** and sell them ****. They're not the federal government, are they?

·
Registered
3 Posts
This site requests you introduce yourself as one of your first few posts so people know you are serious and not a hit and run type poster. Introductions found here ... https://www.motorcycleforum.com/forums/new-member-introduction.305/
Just to add fresh news, this company is in business. In fact I got recently 2 leather vests (this week), they have an amazing quality, leather is strong, with grain, character and are perfectly made. With the second one I got deliver the wrong one, black lining instead of red and it was replaced free of charge, back and forth, and almost immediately. My experience so far has been pretty positive and the product is probably the best you can find out there. I collect military leather flight jackets and this leather is better/stronger than any military jacket - G-1 or A-2 - Just one remark about sizing, all this about one size up is the way to go, even the difference in between sizes is quite big. I wear a T-Shirt in size L and got an XL and a L vest, the XL fits on top of any jacket - winter, summer, hoodie, denim, ... - and the L I can barely snap it. Hope it helps as this post helped me to buy mine. Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just to add fresh news, this company is in business. In fact I got recently 2 leather vests (this week), they have an amazing quality, leather is strong, with grain, character and are perfectly made. With the second one I got deliver the wrong one, black lining instead of red and it was replaced free of charge, back and forth, and almost immediately. My experience so far has been pretty positive and the product is probably the best you can find out there. I collect military leather flight jackets and this leather is better/stronger than any military jacket - G-1 or A-2 - Just one remark about sizing, all this about one size up is the way to go, even the difference in between sizes is quite big for travis scott hoodie for men . I wear a T-Shirt in size L and got an XL and a L vest, the XL fits on top of any jacket - winter, summer, hoodie, denim, ... - and the L I can barely snap it. Hope it helps as this post helped me to buy mine. Cheers
this really helped me, thanks for sharing

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently reached out to Little Joe's with some questions . Mike Mills answered all my questions . Ordered an 2X hidden zipper vest directly from Lil Joe's . It arrived in 4 days , very high quality but to small . I sent Mike Mills an email explaining that I needed to return 2X for 3X . Got a response next day with a return form . Mailed the vest back with $10 up size fee . I sent picture of package and tracking number . Mike Mills sent replacement 3X the next day after I sent email with tracking number . Mike Mills comes across as down to business drect and to the point.. no B.S. . He did everything he said he would and vest is top notch . I would do business with Lil Joe's again . Very satisfied with Vest and no B.S. customer service . Hope this helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts