Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Visionary
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I discovered yesterday on a nice 300 mile ride for breakfast that the approximate life of a 2008 Victory Vision clutch is about 111,000 miles :-(
It started slipping on the way home, not terribly but clearly it is, and if I tried to make it slip by accelerating hard in a higher gear it's clear that it is in need of attention. I had thought I noticed it felt odd a week ago for a bit then went back to normal, I guess was right.

I made it home with no problems, it only slipped if I abused it so I rode it gently and was fine.

Oh well, I guess that's not bad life out of a clutch pack, I already ordered the parts to rebuild it, I guess this can be considered routine maintenance.

·
American Legion Rider
26,018 Posts
As stated in the other post you made about this, I’ve seen guys use up a clutch in as little as 30k miles. And you have no idea how the previous owner used it. I suspect you’ll get more out of a new one should you keep it for 220k miles.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,142 Posts
A new clutch pack is easy to install Mike.

I would go with a Barnett Kevlar as they are super strong and reliable and probably cheaper than OEM parts.

Sam:)

·
Visionary
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh yeah, the clutch looks easy enough to replace. Hopefully I can use one of the pullers/ spring comrpessors etc I have to compress the pack, if not I'll make a tool.
OEM clutch parts are priced ridiculously high. Barnett is good form what I heard, so is Alto. I ordered Alto, clutch plates and steels and when they get here I'll change them and have it back on the road. While I was ordering stuff I ordered a new drive belt too, it still looks fine but it's got to be nearing the end of it's life and I need to change the back tire anyway so I might as well do everything at once.

Reactions: Porky
1 - 4 of 4 Posts