Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am trying to find out something really important. I am also new to this chat.

I am riding on an A1 license. I am prepared to wait to years BTW but I have read that I need to be on the licence for 2 years and do I have to take practical again or just redo the theory and get a2?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Rules can vary quite a bit depending on location, so asking the authorities in your area is probably the best path to getting the information you want.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi. I am trying to find out something really important. I am also new to this chat.

I am riding on an A1 license. I am prepared to wait to years BTW but I have read that I need to be on the licence for 2 years and do I have to take practical again or just redo the theory and get a2?
You will have to remind me what a1 and a2 is, it's been a while....the 2 years thing from what I remember was the CBT which is a course that allows to ride as a learner with L plates but it only lasts 2 years and you are not allowed on motorways and you are not allowed a pillion passenger. When you go for your test you will probably have to take extra lessons first and specify what size engine you will want to go up to....this is what it was like when I took my test. Might of changed by now. Best bet is to get the yellow pages out and speak to an instructor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts