Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my motorcycle endorsement around thirty four years ago, the last bike I tagged was over twenty five years ago then took a twenty or so year hiatus from riding. About six years ago got another bike and have been riding since, my question is I keep reading of some of you retaking the test to get your endorsement. Was that because of changing states or losing the endorsement for another reason? I have had a license in Maryland my whole life and the endorsement stayed on my license even though I did not have a bike.

·
American Legion Rider
21,251 Posts
I would bet that most blew it or moved. Most states I'm familiar with always ask if you need the endorsement. I'm betting that many in a knee jerk like reaction just say "no" because at that point in time they are not riding or even have a bike. The movers are forced to it. But regardless, that BRC is a good idea for all.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,857 Posts
Hog hit it on the head, when I retired from the military and settled in MD, I didn't have the endorsement transferred, Not a big deal as the course was a good refresher

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
I got my endorsement in 73, have never been without it. Lived in two states and spent 6 years in Germany. Will have it as long as they let me drive, that way I can get a Slingshot and drive a car too.

My dad has had his endorsement since the 50's, still has it today at almost 83 years young. Talking about buying a trike next month when he comes to spend the summer.

·
Pale Rider
528 Posts
Same here: got my endorsement at 16 years young, kept it ever since, even though I didn't ride for 21 years; came in handy when I got back into biking, but I did take it very easy until I got the hang of it again.

I also have taken to reading up on safe riding techniques, and I bought one of the, "Ride Like A Pro", DVD's, practicing his techniques -- worth every penny for the books, and the DVD. Learning what I did, provides great piece of mind. YMMV. Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts