Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,. I'm fairly new to forum. I'm 62 and just got my bike last june (2014Triumph Thunderbird Commander). Been more than 15 years of dry spell ( family reasons) but now I just retired from U.S.P.S on April 30th. 40 years a mailman has left some reminders that we are not machines. I have had right Shoulder rotor cuff surgery, left Shoulder has had 2 rotor cuff repairs then had to have reverse replacement. Lastly had both hips replaced ( left in 2010 and right 2020). So I'm seriously considering the legsup landing gear or something in the same category . If anyone has any comments fire away.
Jim. From Ohio

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Hi Jim, Holy you have a lot of motorcycle there, they don't make them much bigger or heavier. Personally I think I would go with adding a sidecar before I installed training wheels on it.
Best luck with your return to riding experience.

·
Registered
786 Posts
My hat is off to you for jumping back in the saddle. Although your Thunderbird is a big boy, maybe with a little more seat time it will not be that bad to handle. Whatever you decide good luck with it and welcome back to riding

·
Banned
513 Posts
It is a weird new world, risers on sport bikes, airbags(LMAO), training wheels for traffic lights, tattletales in bike forums. Not the motorcycle world I grew up in. Not sure this is better.

·
Zip
2,054 Posts
Okay, so there were not one, but two mildly condescending comments that mentioned "training wheels". If they permit an otherwise capable rider to continue enjoying the lean, then what's the problem? I'm pretty sure the OP doesn't want a side car or a trike.

Let's stop the personal attacks and trying to impose our own view of "the one true way of motorcycling" and get back to the topic at hand.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Problem is it's like the impossible question,
you are the only one that can set your own limits and goals for yourself. Either you can ride the thing well enough for it to not hurt you too bad or you have a big problem. We are all going to face that at some point.

Mine will be a sidecar if it ever comes to that.

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
Okay, so there were not one, but two mildly condescending comments that mentioned "training wheels". If they permit an otherwise capable rider to continue enjoying the lean, then what's the problem? I'm pretty sure the OP doesn't want a side car or a trike.

Let's stop the personal attacks and trying to impose our own view of "the one true way of motorcycling" and get back to the topic at hand.
That's why l reply "Negative comment" every time he says something like that. Illustrating just how often his comments are merely a negative opinion of someone else.

·
Banned
513 Posts
"""""RogerC60 said: Let's stop the personal attacks and trying to impose our own view of "the one true way of motorcycling" and get back to the topic at hand""""""

I'm not the only one who mentioned training wheels. But I seem to the the only one you are talking about. Your credibility just went to zero.

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
Yes, we all knew your type in grade school.
I'm trying to help you not get banned. If you continue to be negative, condescending and attack people, they will ban you. There is a long list of people who behaved like you that got canned here. But by all means, continue as you are.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts