Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of Leatherlyke saddlebags that I like very much, the cruiser style. I was wondering what kind of product would restore the original rich luster to their finish. If this is the wrong area for this post, sorry, I didn't see any place better. They are not leather, but ABS. Here is a description of them on their website:
---------------
LeatherLyke motorcycle hard case (saddle)bags are produced from UV resistant high impact ABS plastic with a leather texture on the exterior. This gives them the look and feel of geniune leather
---------------

leatherlyke.jpg

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,296 Posts
I would use a non petroleum passed plastics cleaner from you local autoparts store. I use a product from poorboys. They can be found online

·
Pale Rider
528 Posts
I've used Mother's Back-to-Black with good success. I've also used Lemon Pledge, to clean my stuff (I use it on the windshield, glass, everything), but this stuff will remove wax, including car wax. It leaves no film, either. Pledge removes bug guts without leaving a mark, if you use a soft cloth, like microfiber towels. I use microfiber towels for all cleaning purposes on my bike as they won't scratch, unless they catch grit in their fibers... Cheers!
:coffee:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great suggestions all, thank you. I've been using Lemon Pledge to clean my windshields for years but never thought to use it on the Leatherlykes - good suggestion, and on the Back to Black as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts