Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

Premium Member
Joined
10,521 Posts
A Google search will take your right to the pub. Listed as a Tavern. Use Wimbledon NZ. The difference with beer in NZ compared to the modern craft brews here is: If you try 6 new modern craft beers in BC, they are all bad. If you try any 6 name brand beers in NZ, they are all good. Except Standard from the Wellington area. There is justice in NZ. Wellington is not a very nice place, and it is difficult to get in and out. So that is where we send the politicians.

UK
 

Registered
Joined
25 Posts
Sandman, your naive attitude and opinions are to me anyway, childish and uninformed:)


"Don't wear that vest. Don't subscribe to that pack mentality." Sandman quote

You have a right to your own opinions but I take offense as a 56 year rider that got his first vest in 1991, to show my HOG chapter rocker, all of my ride pins and event patches, all of my Veteran and Military support patches and not one thing is offensive, if I wore it to Sunday School and Church on Sunday.

A vest does offer great weather protection in lieu of a full jacket depending on weather.

It also is great when I conceal carry, which I do a lot when I ride, unless I am open carrying, both of which I have the right to do as I am licensed to do so.

I hate the '1 %' outlaw riders that you tend to group the other 99% in with. Shame on you my Friend.

Sam:love:
I agree with you Porky. I was a HOG member also. It was great. This Sandman guy needs to wake up.
 

Registered
Joined
74 Posts
Vests to me are fine. I actually enjoy talking to other riders about the clubs they belong to and what they enjoy about it. I use them as an easy conversation starter at times. Most(99%) people in vests are great people and are proud of their club and are great to talk to. The other 1% of people in vests are proud of their clubs but might not be the greatest people in the world to talk to.
But if you have tassels on that vest or bike......( just kidding wear what you like?)
Life is too short, enjoy your own skin and let others be if it doesn't effect negatively.
Brule
 
  • Like
Reactions: Porky

Ace Tuner
Joined
4,974 Posts
Out of curiosity I like to see riders wearing vests with their colors so I can try to figure out what club they belong to.
Hard to read some of them.
I know most of the colors that make me think, bad guys. Although I did learn of some I never knew about back when there was a frame up, rumble, raid, shootout or whatever it was at a Texas Twin Peaks restaurant a few years back.
If I would have happened by and saw all those bikes I'm sure I would have pulled in just to people watch. It's my understanding that ANYBODY, including CMA members, that were wearing "colors" got arrested.
Nobody would mistake any of my riding jackets as "colors" but still, so glad I didn't happen by that day.
Wear anything you want.
I might mess with the possible outlaws a little by downshifting twice and blasting past. Haven't found one yet that could keep up...
(I don't do that if it is the Blue Knights). Lol

S F
 

Administrator - American Legion Rider - KA5LRS
Joined
26,725 Posts
I don't do that if it is the Blue Knights
Badazz dudes alright. But I'm glad they are on my side. Ride with them regularly, well, not as often as I'd like so maybe now and then would be better.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Porky

Ace Tuner
Joined
4,974 Posts
Yep,
The Blue Knights, PGR and the CMA are the only clubs I would fall in and ride along with if we happen to meet up while on the road.
I'm sure there are others I wouldn't mind being seen with, just don't know who they are is all.

S F
 

Administrator - American Legion Rider - KA5LRS
Joined
26,725 Posts
You would be welcomed with the American Legion Riders as well as other ex-military organizations I suspect and the Red Knights and Green Knights.

EDIT: Green Knights are active military in case you have never heard of them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SemiFast

Premium Member
Joined
10,521 Posts
The biggest patch style thing I have, is a green 46 on my pack pack, and a green 46 on one helmet.
When the guy on the ferry wants my attention he can say, hey 46 let's go.
46 has two reference meanings. Bonus points for what for?
In smaller writing the letters VR are written, and the origin of this guy, and others, is why MotoGP in Qatar, has been postponed

UK
 

Registered
Joined
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
A Google search will take your right to the pub. Listed as a Tavern. Use Wimbledon NZ. The difference with beer in NZ compared to the modern craft brews here is: If you try 6 new modern craft beers in BC, they are all bad. If you try any 6 name brand beers in NZ, they are all good. Except Standard from the Wellington area. There is justice in NZ. Wellington is not a very nice place, and it is difficult to get in and out. So that is where we send the politicians.

UK
Oh, geez! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to offend you! ****? Can we go back in time and make this work? Just about motorcycle, I promise.
 

Ace Tuner
Joined
4,974 Posts
Oh, geez! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to offend you! ****? Can we go back in time and make this work? Just about motorcycle, I promise.
We used to be able to go back in time whenever we wanted to but we lost the dang way back button about a week ago.
We sent a search crew out four days ago but they haven't checked in daily as was their instructions. One of them kept trying to find Olivia Newton-John by pushing the button thinking it would finally hit B17. I knew we couldn't trust that Button Pushing Cowboy.
We fear they may be lost in time, never able to return or bring back the way back button.

Sorrowfully Yours,
S F
 

Registered
Joined
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Sandman, your naive attitude and opinions are to me anyway, childish and uninformed:)


"Don't wear that vest. Don't subscribe to that pack mentality." Sandman quote

You have a right to your own opinions but I take offense as a 56 year rider that got his first vest in 1991, to show my HOG chapter rocker, all of my ride pins and event patches, all of my Veteran and Military support patches and not one thing is offensive, if I wore it to Sunday School and Church on Sunday.

A vest does offer great weather protection in lieu of a full jacket depending on weather.

It also is great when I conceal carry, which I do a lot when I ride, unless I am open carrying, both of which I have the right to do as I am licensed to do so.

I hate the '1 %' outlaw riders that you tend to group the other 99% in with. Shame on you my Friend.

Sam:love:
 

Registered
Joined
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Porky: conceal and carry. That right there says it all. You have to carry a gun! For what? For your freedom? For Merica? Why do you have a gun? And why did you state you have a gun in a discussion about leather vest?
 
21 - 40 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top