Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
26,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We see this question pop up daily and sometimes several times daily, "what do you suggest a good bike would be for a new rider?", or something like that. Would it be possible for someone or even several, to put together a laundry list of year make and model of bikes that fit that question? Instead of us always saying, "anything under 250(or 500 depending on age and skill level) will work". So maybe even 2 lists even now that I write this and realize we get asked two different questions. But anyway, a list that we could point to so we don't waste time over and over and over.

I know that would be several hundred bikes but it would sure be nice to point to a list so we can say there you are, now come back in a year and ask your next question as a seasoned rider. A good list, accurate as of this, could be made a Sticky and potentially reduce the number of questions like this or the very least we could say, "did you look at post yyyyxxxwwwhatever?" or "looks at the Sticky".

I just don't have a clue as to models myself or I'd do it and be done with it. But I know some of you do and could rattle off several hundred easily. So how about y'all contributing every brand/model/year bike you can think of. I can merge them latter if these lists look like they would merge nicely. Just a one time thing we can all point to I think would be great.

·
Zip
2,523 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
26,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that’s certainly a start. I can butcher (cut/paste) this thread to get a good comprehensive list, or at least as close of one as possible. So anything will help. And it will help our first time riders. So I’ll do the best I can with what everyone gives me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would include pretty much any Zero electric motorcycle: S/SR, DS/DSR, and maybe FXS from 2013 (especially 2014 and later).

They are not as common, but I have found my 2014 Zero S to be a near perfect beginner's bike. Started in Eco mode and it was very docile. I now run mostly in Custom mode but still enjoy growing and learning new skills.

BC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts