Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Aging & Worn
4,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The withdrawal I am experiencing, now that the bike is put away, is powerful, but not overwhelming. I'm prioritizing "Hunting" right now, so I can focus differently.

Yesterday, the local Weather "Experts" were saying, "65ºF and sunny skies; starting off at 45ºF in the morning."

On any day in the Spring that those conditions occur, I'd be gearing up and riding. No doubt about it!

But of course, the bike is "in bed" and I'm determined NOT to reverse the storage conditions (although it would be simple to do), no matter WHAT the "Experts" say is coming.

Ah, but I was vindicated!! The "weather" was SOMEWHAT "warm," but I wouldn't say "extremely comfortable." Furthermore, the clouds hung over the area all day!! the "Last laugh is MINE!!" As much as I like to ride, I was GLAD I didn't take it out!

-Soupy

·
Registered
943 Posts
No such "nice" weather up here :mad: Warmest day in the forecast is today (44F) with 60% chance of rain then temps falling below freezing for the coming week. The past week was no better either. :frown:

Since getting my 'new' bike a week ago Monday I have only managed to ride 6 miles and that was bloody COLD! Still, I refuse to put the bike to bed for the winter just in case we get one nice day before the snow comes. At the very least, I can back it out of the garage, start it up, and sit on it pretending I am going somewhere :71baldboy:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I wish I had a job where you could be wrong most of the time and still get paid for it. I figured yesterday was going to be the best day of riding. Oh well, turned out to be a crappy day to ride but oh well. Atleast I got to say bye bye for now to my bike, doubt I'll get her out before saturday when I put her away.

·
Aging & Worn
4,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm focused on my trip to Maine at this point anyway. They just got 21 inches of snow (not unusual) with more on the way. Will present a challenge in terms of getting into the woods to hunt the deer!! Might have to do it by snowmobile!!

-Soupy

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'd crack jokes, but we down here know all too well the "riding into a hair dryer" feeling. Heat lines rising off the road. Does the fan on this bike ever turn off?

What yall huntin? I'm more a fisher. Haven't hunted in a decade.

·
Aging & Worn
4,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bines: you didn't read my post before you asked "What yall huntin" did ya?

-Soupy

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I wish I had a job where you could be wrong most of the time and still get paid for it. I figured yesterday was going to be the best day of riding. Oh well, turned out to be a crappy day to ride but oh well. Atleast I got to say bye bye for now to my bike, doubt I'll get her out before saturday when I put her away.
I believe the greatest job in America is a tie, between being a punter of kicker in the NFL and being a weatherman in San Diego. "85 and sunny again folks. Have a great day." Cha-ching

·
Registered
518 Posts
Read the post? Ain't nobody got time for that!

Yall is plural. It's like yous guys. Ya know, if maybe more folks became involved in the conversation, they could answer, too. ;)

I want a hog. With a bow. Or a spear. Need to scope out a place and get my license together for Texas. You'd think with all the talk of them being a nuisance, people would be paying to get them shot. Nope. They're charging a couple hundred bucks. And it's a couple thousand for the bucks.

But if these gar in the local creek don't get with it, I may put a reel back on the bow.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Getting the last laugh means that you won something........

You had riding weather, but you had already put up the bike and thus didn't ride...........

That means the last laugh is on you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts