Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Veteran Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wife and I saw a classic Harley with amber passing lights. Besides just looking cool, the bright orange was much more noticeable in the sea of white traffic headlights. So Istarted looking into options. Found a company called LAMIN-X. They make a thick film covering for automotive lights and even body panels. I saw reviews were good and gave it a try. I'm very happy with the results. You'd almost think it was colored lenses instead of a film.

Now to do something about those solid colored turn signal lenses that don't match the rest of the lights......

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,300 Posts
That looks really good

·
American Legion Rider
23,527 Posts
How is that at night now though?

·
Veteran Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I rarely ride at night. And when I did on this bike last weekend I've found the passing lights didn't offer me much more usable light anyway. The headlight does that job fine. The Amber will cut through the fog much better, though. My biggest reason for doing it was visibility to other traffic. These really, really stand out, without being annoying like a headlight modulator.

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
This looks like an interesting product that would have several good uses. Thanks for posting.

I know guys that have put a light dusting of spray paint on the inside of a light cover, and that looked good when parked, but didn't help at all when the light was on.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Lens paint, makes lens look the color when the light is not on, when the light is on it is the color of the bulb, or I guess the color of the lens.

·
American Legion Rider
23,527 Posts
If I hadn't switched to LED headlight I might consider it. But LED's are so directional, my floods fill in the sides so I have full road lit up. I do wonder if it would be that much worse with amber and would surely be good for fog or rain. I'll keep considering it. Wonder if they'd let me try it and only buy it if I like? Probably not but I might ask. THINKING.....

·
Veteran Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 4.5" spot/passing light film is $17 for the pair. Give it a try anyway, you wouldn't be out too much.

·
American Legion Rider
23,527 Posts
You do know that's beer money you are talking about don't you?:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts