Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ,

Straight to the point : KTM duke 125 OR honda cbr 250r?

I live in belgium , and when I hit 18 I can drive a motorcycle that is limited to 25 Kw ( 33 bhp). So , I thought I go for a 125 , they're affordable... thats when I met the KTM duke 125. However ,I also find met the Honda CBR 250 r : only 50 euro more expensive than the Duke , but twice the cc's... So , which one should I get?

The plus about the KTM is that it's absolute top quality and very nice looking, and insurance will be cheaper.

The plus about the honda is that it's cheap for a 250 , and you can drive it on the highway, but it looks less nice.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Both are fuel injected which is great. The Honda has the bigger motor and more body parts with a slick look while the Duke is more aggressive with the small handle bar fairing and trellis frame. Both are nice but if the price difference is so small it might be best to get the Honda. Being able to drive on the freeway is a plus for me. Honda has a much larger service network as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both are fuel injected which is great. The Honda has the bigger motor and more body parts with a slick look while the Duke is more aggressive with the small handle bar fairing and trellis frame. Both are nice but if the price difference is so small it might be best to get the Honda. Being able to drive on the freeway is a plus for me. Honda has a much larger service network as well.
Indeed , I don't have experience with Honda nor KTM , but I think KTM parts are more expensive.

Is their many difference between a 125 cc bike and a 250 ?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Indeed , I don't have experience with Honda nor KTM , but I think KTM parts are more expensive.

Is their many difference between a 125 cc bike and a 250 ?
A 250 will have more power than a 125 which is nice in the event that you need to make a pass or get out of the way fast. A 125 is limited and I'm sure you'd out grow it pretty quickly.

For example, the Honda CBR125 was very popular when it first came out but almost every person that bought one soon had it up for sale. Most used examples have only a few thousand kilometers on the dial as riders look to upgrade to something bigger. The KTM Duke 125 would likely be more of the same. The Honda 250 should suit you for a couple of years at least while you learn.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A 250 will have more power than a 125 which is nice in the event that you need to make a pass or get out of the way fast. A 125 is limited and I'm sure you'd out grow it pretty quickly.

For example, the Honda CBR125 was very popular when it first came out but almost every person that bought one soon had it up for sale. Most used examples have only a few thousand kilometers on the dial as riders look to upgrade to something bigger. The KTM Duke 125 would likely be more of the same. The Honda 250 should suit you for a couple of years at least while you learn.
In that case , I think I'll go for the Honda.. But it is a sports bike , so can I use it everyday? I heard the riding positions for racing bikes are really uncomfortable.

·
Registered
518 Posts
In that case , I think I'll go for the Honda.. But it is a sports bike , so can I use it everyday? I heard the riding positions for racing bikes are really uncomfortable.
Sit on the Duke as well as the Honda and I think you'll find the positions almost the same. The 250's riding position isn't too bad when compared to say a 600 sport bike. Should be fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sit on the Duke as well as the Honda and I think you'll find the positions almost the same. The 250's riding position isn't too bad when compared to say a 600 sport bike. Should be fine.
I see ! thanks for your help ! :D But my friend says I have to put a 250 cc engine on the duke , but I don't know if thats even legal... It won't be cheap , thats sure !

·
Registered
518 Posts
If the Duke was a 250 then that would make for a great bike as long as the price was the same.

·
Registered
27 Posts
u should get Honda. I guess japanese are more good in making motorcycles than "indian-chinese-smth else PRODUCTION". I've seen how that KTM looks like and I don't want to offend u but u probably don't know what exactly u want at all cuz they both are not even look the same in their parts! and their seats are different.
buyin 125 cc u'll go not more than 100 km/h I guess. maybe 120...
but Honda CBR 250 R speeds up till 160-175 km/h.
try to realise what u want first and I guess only after u choose what u like think about 125 cc or 250 cc. because both of them can be dangerous for a newbie and both of them can be like bicycles for u. I'm telling u from my own experience. I know a lot of people who ride for the first year and I'm going to get my first motorcycle soon too.
in Russia it's very popular to buy Kawasaki Ninja 250 R as ur first.
but I'm buying Bennche Megelli 250 R. it's new, but I need it for just a year so I'm not afraid to test it on myself :) I mean like if it's a good producer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts