Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 GSX-R1000. While fumbling to reset the clock I accidentaly set the speedomoter and odometer to display in kph instead of mph.

The instructions on how to switch it back are not in the owners manual nor the shop manual. Even the dealer couldn't figure it out.

Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
919 Posts
Welcome to the forum... Just a thought on a few bikes I have encountered. The buttons for switching to various displays and the reset button control everything. On the Yamaha I have now it is the switching display button that changes the display to KPH but you have to hold it for like 2 seconds. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum... Just a thought on a few bikes I have encountered. The buttons for switching to various displays and the reset button control everything. On the Yamaha I have now it is the switching display button that changes the display to KPH but you have to hold it for like 2 seconds. Hope this helps.
Hi Hogrider,

Thanks for the reply.

Two service guys and myself have tried everything with these buttons. We've tried every combination we can think of including holding down buttons while turning the key, etc. The problem is that the exact combination doesn't seem to be written down in any manual we have.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
keep trying it has to be a combination your not trying... on mine i just hold down the Adj button when its on the MPH screen and it switches to KPH

C

·
0 Posts
Found this, might help. don't know...:confused:

2007 Manual page 3-8 under "Note".

[*]Set your odometer to "Odometer" and not a trip meter.

[*]Press the "SEL" button for 2 seconds to switch between KMH and MPH

·
Banned
919 Posts
Found this on the Gixxer Forum. Hope it works.

To change between the two, scroll to your total mileage and hold down the "Adj" button until it changes. Thats it, nothing to it. It will convert your total mileage, trips and speed to which ever you are on. Today mine was at 2175miles/3478kms. To change back, just do the same.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found this on the Gixxer Forum. Hope it works.

To change between the two, scroll to your total mileage and hold down the "Adj" button until it changes. Thats it, nothing to it. It will convert your total mileage, trips and speed to which ever you are on. Today mine was at 2175miles/3478kms. To change back, just do the same.
Just tied and it didn't work either. Maybe there's a problem with it. Strange, since the bike only has 1900 km on it even though I bought it at the end of 2003.

Thanks anyway for the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts