Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned Kevlar jeans in the past. I think, pretty sure, the pairs I had last were from Draggin Jeans USA and I just purchased another pair from the same company. This is not a complaint, not really a review. Is anyone familiar with these folks and wear their jeans?

The jeans I got are the comfort slim fit. They are fine, fit nice ( I wear slim fit or slim straight jeans usually), have Kevlar in the seat and knees as advertised. Without sliding down the road in them, I can say nothing more than they appear well made and to be as advertised and therefore I give them 5 stars. Quick delivery, nice on the phone.

But who are the jeans of the same name from Australia?

And, importantly, what armored/Kevlar jeans do you guys wear? Been looking at some from the Tobacco company, also USA made, but a bit more money than the Draggin ones I just bought.

I cannot wear jeans at work, professional, business casual minimum dress only. Anyone know of business casual chinos or khaki pants? I could change at work but even that would be frowned upon.

3C

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I wear the Draggin Jeans from Australia, though in a fuller fit so the cuffs go over my boot tops. Though I only wear them for city riding, I wear armoured riding pants over ordinary jeans for country riding.

The originator of Draggin Jeans tested them by being dragged behind a motorbike, sliding on his bum - I figure if he could put his faith in the product then I coud as well. I guess Draggin Jeans U.S.A. is just the American outlet for these jeans, maybe has a production facility in the U.S.A. or imports them from Australia.

Looked that test of the original jeans up on facebook, and its a classic.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
I believe Kiwi Steve is correct about Draggin Jeans USA being affiliated with the ones from Australia. Both high quality. There is another Draggin jeans from the UK, however, that I have heard are somewhat suspect. I get mine on Ebay for around $60 to $70, and I always look for this patch on the back.

Attachments

·
Registered
501 Posts
I wear a pair of Strength and Steel kevlar jeans from the local Cycle Gear. They do not fit slim. In fact, they are a bit baggy. I still like them, but most of the time I ride with the aramid and D30 Klim riding pants. They fit slimmer, flap less, and look pretty neutral - like work pants you might get from a hardware store.

Not giving up the jeans any time soon, though I might try and have them tailored a bit.

The S&S jeans were on clearance for like $130. The Klims were full retail at $172.

The Tobacco brand products look super nice and luxurious, but they are in a different price category. Wife really wants a pair. Would love to know if they are worth it, or if its just a tax because they are made by skinny bearded guys in California.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts