Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday on my way home from work, I was making a wide right turn into a left side of a two lane road. Damn car on my right either didn't see me or just didn't care. I look over to give her the "WTF".I could see that she had a phone up to her left ear, but I can also see it was a coworker of mine. I'm one of the IT guys here. So throughout this morning I've been making sure she has some issues logging in her laptop today.

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
It would still be a good thing to talk to the woman... consider it an educational moment that hopefully pays off down the line. But talk respectfully... ;)

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
While you are having fun messing with her she doesn't know you are angry that she was paying more attention to her phone than driving and she almost hit you. Knowing she almost hit someone she knows might make her think more about her driving in the future.

Definitely talk to her. As stated above, do it respectfully. Be sure to explain that if a car hits a bike the rider has no protection. Another car would be scratched or dented....so would the rider of a bike.

I was almost hit by a coworker a few years back. When I told her the next day how close she had come she said she had no idea. She was too busy thinking about getting to the store to pick up something for supper. I really do believe it helped her to pay a little more attention when pulling out of our parking lot.

·
American Legion Rider
23,610 Posts
I have to agree wholeheartedly with the above. You might save someones life even if it isn't yours. And who knows, she might actually pass that info on to her friends she thinks are more important to talk to than paying attention while driving. Missed opportunity if you aren't able to do it for whatever reason.

·
Very Famous Person
9,928 Posts
--

I guess there are several ways to respond to a threatening situation. One can either be petty and vindictive or be mature and helpful. The choice determines what caliber of person one is.

--

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I need to be vindictive in this case. If i thought she would care I might consider talking to her.

·
Very Famous Person
9,928 Posts
--

You're not trying to be corrective, you're just trying to satisfy your ego. What is screwing around with her computer going to do?

--

·
American Legion Rider
23,610 Posts
Ones actions speaks of their character Ron. Here we have two wrongs pretending to be a right.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
--

You're not trying to be corrective, you're just trying to satisfy your ego. What is screwing around with her computer going to do?

--
Not satisfying my ego. I actually let most stuff slide. Belive me a lot of stuff. As i said, if I thought talking to her would solve it, may I would. However she is a person who acts as if it's her world and we all are just in it. At least here at work.

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
What a child!

You are alive, and she is too, so why not handle it like a man and talk to her? Stuff happens, and now stupid stuff is happening.

I'm losing faith in some people, even though they may have a motorcycle registered in their name. Must be something to do with being east of the Mississippi river.

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,665 Posts
Glad you came out ok dude.

I assumed you probably didn't screw with her computer, maybe I'm right maybe I'm wrong.

Regardless, I'm not gonna get all high and mighty on you.

I don't know you well enough to judge you and we all know that with some people the last thing you want to do is point something out they did wrong.

Complained to a neighbor one time that their lack of lids on their trash was filling my garage with flies.
A few days later the DHS wants to interview us for child neglect.

Say the wrong thing to the wrong coworker and you could be unemployed next week.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Glad you came out ok dude.

I assumed you probably didn't screw with her computer, maybe I'm right maybe I'm wrong.

Regardless, I'm not gonna get all high and mighty on you.

I don't know you well enough to judge you and we all know that with some people the last thing you want to do is point something out they did wrong.

Complained to a neighbor one time that their lack of lids on their trash was filling my garage with flies.
A few days later the DHS wants to interview us for child neglect.

Say the wrong thing to the wrong coworker and you could be unemployed next week.
Yeah tell me about it. The thing is some people don't understand how much they get away with.Or sometimes they do and just do not care. Then if/when you address in any manner professional or not, there is just no way to win. Yesterday is not the first time I've had close calls. Usually I just shake my head and say oh well. But when I know the person, and know their attitude about life in regards to others, yeah I was peeved. And no I did not screw with her computer. But I did make sure she had a frustrating morning. logging in to it.

·
Very Famous Person
9,928 Posts
--

So you created a slowdown of your company's business to satisfy your need to punish. What a great employee!

--

·
Registered
179 Posts
It's up to you obviously if you want to discuss it with her or not. Either way is fine, but choosing to take the passive aggressive road does nothing to help either one of you. Best just to let it go.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts