Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dude I cant seem to keep headlights or taillights good in my 1980 Honda twinstar!! its aggravating!! the high beam is always the first to go, then the low beam, all in about a week. the brake light works all the time but the running light portion works for about 5 minutes then quits. ive got winter months ahead and will be riding in the dark before and after work. I did find that my Honda is a 6 volt system but has a 12 volt battery in it... could this be the culprit?? other than that the signals and the dash lights work ok. whats up?? this is my first bike and really need to know if its worth fixing to keep riding or just upgrade right away. I love riding and would hate for this to keep me from enjoying it!!

any help is appreciated

peace d

·
Registered
91 Posts
My '79 Twinstar has no regulator so definitely you need one of those weeny little 6V batteries. I bought a brand new battery that was faulty; it couldn't take any of the load from the alternator so the lights blew out and the coil is dead too, probably part of the same issue. And of course another set of bulbs. Too much highway riding (and I've ridden it to Mexico & back from Canada's west coast) and the battery boils over. Fun bikes but mine has moved into local, fun, close-to-home status. Spunky little bikes; enjoy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts