Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 2007 my grandfather checked a fuel leak using a lighter as a light, (I know, that's what im thinking) but I don't know what the parts called that needs to be replaced, the throttle cable runs into what looks like a rubber cover/boot, at least what's left of it anyways. Any ideas what it may be attached to let alone what the part would be categorized as? Thanks!

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,500 Posts
Pictures might help

·
Premium Member
9,836 Posts
Throttle cable goes from the right handle bar grip, to the carb(s).
Brilliant. Thank you.
Now please tell me where the carb is located. Is it a piston port engine, or a rotary disc engine? This will determine what the rubber boot looks like. I prefer the OP to provide some feed back. It is their bike. I am not going to do the research for them, when they can simply look at the bike, and answer my question. That is, if they really want some help.
Perhaps you did not know that Kawasaki made a lot of rotary discs engines, while Yamaha and Suzuki made piston port. OBMs used reed valves back in the seventies, which was even better.

UK

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,130 Posts
I'm sure the kawasaki 175, is a single cylinder, 2 stroke, rotary valve powered bike. I had a new 1971 175cc Dualsport soon after I got out of the Military.

The throttle cable and choke cable runs through a thick rubber boot into the top of the carb/ slide.

Yamaha also had rotary valve intakes on some bikes. I had a brand new 1966 YL2C 100cc trailbike in the Military.

GOOGLE has lots of this info if people would just look.

Sam:)

·
Premium Member
9,836 Posts
I do think the 175 bike in question is a rotary valve. But I would also like the OP to think for themselves, to try and help themselves. Or do the folks with some knowledge have to do everything for them. If so. Call someone else.
UK

·
Ace Tuner
3,494 Posts
checked a fuel leak using a lighter as a light
:eek:

but I don't know what the parts called that needs to be replaced, the throttle cable runs into what looks like a rubber cover/boot, at least what's left of it anyways. Any ideas what it may be attached to let alone what the part would be categorized as? Thanks!
:censored: :censored: :censored:

S F

·
Registered
1 Posts
In 2007 my grandfather checked a fuel leak using a lighter as a light, (I know, that's what im thinking) but I don't know what the parts called that needs to be replaced, the throttle cable runs into what looks like a rubber cover/boot, at least what's left of it anyways. Any ideas what it may be attached to let alone what the part would be categorized as? Thanks!
Hello! I'm the original poster from Reddit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts