Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Charlie Tango Xray
759 Posts
I think this may be my wifes next bike. I'm really liking the adjustable ergos. In a world of air cooled v twin clones, its interesting that a sporty, parallel, liquid cooled cruiser is a breath of fresh air. Its like taking a step forwards, back to the 80s. And I mean that in a good way.:)

·
Troublemaker
2,520 Posts
Looking for a work bike, this doesn't look bad, have put a lot of miles on Kaws. But I'm also looking at a Scout so it may just come down to the best dealer support. I have better luck with the Kaw dealer, but they are also a Victory dealership, but they don't touch Indian yet.

·
American Legion Rider
18,588 Posts
That's the main concern most have right now with Indian. Dealer network. But if they don't break down, no problem. My luck though is they could deliver 60 billion of them that never fail and I'd get that one that does. No what I mean?

·
Troublemaker
2,520 Posts
That's the main concern most have right now with Indian. Dealer network. But if they don't break down, no problem. My luck though is they could deliver 60 billion of them that never fail and I'd get that one that does. No what I mean?
All I can say is Yep!

I could buy 999,999 lottery tickets of a million sold and come in 2nd every time.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Yup that Vulcan is a nice looking bike! Nice to see more parallel twins on the market too!

It's probably a good comparo to the Indian Scout, although I think the Scout would stomp it on power. But then the Scout is an 1100cc

·
Lead Astronaut
405 Posts
At my driving course, once you were done your first couple of days on a 150 - 200 cc, we moved up to the 500+ and the beginner bikes were all Vulcan, Boulevard and Rebel bikes. Personally I favored the boulevard as it seemed to be the easiest small bike to ride as I am fairly tall and that's what I used to pass my circuit exam. The rebel felt like a kids bike lol! My toes would hit the engine guard while trying to brake or shift and the pegs were in the middle of my feet.

Anyhow, point being I would think that if the school uses Vulcans (it's also the largest driving school company in Canada) for brand new riders, it's likely a valid claim this is a great starter bike.

Dan

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I've always liked the Vulcans. My upgrade bike is either going to be the Vulcan 900 Classic or the Yamaha V-star 950. But by the time that comes, I may have another bike on my mind.......

·
Aging & Worn
4,517 Posts
The first motorcycle I ever saw "up close and personal" (I wasn't a driver of one then), was a Kawaski. Never bought one (yet) but have been interested in their Touring bikes for a number of years. They are, as a company, sort of "off the radar" for most folks, (as are a number of other "worthy" bikes, like the Royal Enfield, and Triumph, and so forth).

This particular bike might certainly scratch SOMEONE'S itch, but not mine.

-Soupy

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've always liked the Vulcans. My upgrade bike is either going to be the Vulcan 900 Classic or the Yamaha V-star 950. But by the time that comes, I may have another bike on my mind.......
Hey Zip, The wife owned the Vulcan 900 for 17K miles. Put the Vulcan 900 classic ahead of the V Star 950. It has better ergonomics and you won't be scraping floorboards all the time. Kawasaki also has better looking paint jobs. :71baldboy:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes it is a great first bike. Just put 2300 miles on mine since June. It is a daily rider 18 miles to and from work daily.

The trick for me that got me going to was getting a good helmet. My cheapo starter helmet vibrated constantly and rattled.

Go for it and don't go cheap on the stuff you have to have.:wink2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts