Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...are you happy with your purchase? I've zeroed in on that model as a next step up from Boulevard S40. Had an eye for the Yamaha V-Star 950T, but like the Vulcan's lines better. There are other differences, too, but I could probably be happy with either.

Anything you would pass on to a prospective new owner? -thanks

·
Registered
533 Posts
If you have not already done so, you might google an owners group for that model.

I'm sure there will be one and they will have great info for you.

There are loyal followers for all the bikes you mentioned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was satisfied with the 900 but wanted a larger engine o i bought a vt1300ct honda
now i have two would like to get rid of the 900

C

·
0 Posts
I have one that is proving to be a reliable machine. It is kind of my spare or town runner, or the wife will ride once in a while. We took it on a 4800 mile trip about 2 years ago and it performed flawlessly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,

I ride an 01 Vulcan 800 Classic, and am delighted with it. First real cruiser i have owned, normally i rode more sport bikes, but this found me and i am so glad it did. My intention was to get it running and then resell it but i rode it and was hooked. Really pleasing lines and the classic look is nice. I also like the wider front tire, feels like a smoother ride and it doesnt get grooved around on the highway. Good luck whichever bike finds your adoration.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I own a Vulcan 900 / 2009 (32,000 km). Until December the bike was in South Africa and the previous owner was using Castrol Actevo semi synthetic 10W40. I'm in Tanzania, I can't find this type of oil here. My question is, I want to change the type of oil and I don't know if is better to go on full synthethic oil or to stick on semi synthetic.

My choices are:

Synthetic
1. Bel-Ray EXS Synthetic Ester 4T 10W40
2. Motul 7100 4T 10W-40

Semi synthetic
1. Bel-Ray EXP Synthetic Ester Blend 4T 10W40
2. Motul 5100 4T 10W-40

Thank you !
Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts