Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't discard the original one, you might be happy to have it some day.
I like the sound of the original one tbh but just dosnt have the grunt thats expected of a 1500 could always keep the old system all else fails put it back on

·
Registered
2004 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100
96 Posts
I agree with keeping the old system. I put a slip on system on my Honda Sabre 1100 that I do like, but the pipes are getting pretty rusty. I am going to search for a chrome shop in the area, but if I come up empty I will just put the old stockers back on. My dad once told me, never throw anything away. LOL.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
I doubt the exhaust system is holding it back much. How is your fuel consumption, does it start easy and when did you last replace the air filter and adjust the valve clearances

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I doubt the exhaust system is holding it back much. How is your fuel consumption, does it start easy and when did you last replace the air filter and adjust the valve clearances
I have just bought the bike was polish Import got all that sorted out nay bor now ride in UK vance and hince are a good make or delkevic but jut don't make any for my model of bike. Is obv winter now so will br doing all services in the upcoming weeks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree with keeping the old system. I put a slip on system on my Honda Sabre 1100 that I do like, but the pipes are getting pretty rusty. I am going to search for a chrome shop in the area, but if I come up empty I will just put the old stockers back on. My dad once told me, never throw anything away. LOL.
Or don't fix something that's not broken is hard sometimes 🤣🤣

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tire Automotive tire Wood Floor Flooring
end cans off should be able too fit straight through slip ons too the existing system yeah??

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Yep and I bet you end up making much louder, it will eat way more fuel and not really end up being any faster.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep and I bet you end up making much louder, it will eat way more fuel and not really end up being any faster.
Yeah I'm not looking for speed atall it's a beast of cruiser so built for its sound standard cans are not up too much sound wise fuel is not a problem it will use what it need too use if it it sounds better in process job done 😉👌

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Yeah I'm not looking for speed atall it's a beast of cruiser so built for its sound standard cans are not up too much sound wise fuel is not a problem it will use what it need too use if it it sounds better in process job done 😉👌
If louder is good, you will have no problem making it louder. If louder is better, well that's your call.
Is the can you plan to put on there street legal? <- doubtful, and if it is it will be expensive and the manufacturer will be making a big deal about it being emissions compliant.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Or don't fix something that's not broken is hard sometimes 🤣🤣
LOL, that is very true. I wanted a bit more sound out of it, and these were available used on a Honda board I used to be on. They are looking pretty ragged, so I might put the stockers back on and adjust the idle screws back to stock, if I can remember what that is. LOL.

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Versys 1000 SE LT+
371 Posts
Probably not what you want to hear, but unless it's rusted out, I would stick with the stock exhaust system. A more open (louder) aftermarket system should be accompanied by a retune. If this is not done, the bike will run very lean, and can cause burnt exhaust valves. Your money, your choice, but unless you are a racer looking for that last bit of horsepower, aftermarket pipes are a waste of money as well as being generally annoying.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Probably not what you want to hear, but unless it's rusted out, I would stick with the stock exhaust system. A more open (louder) aftermarket system should be accompanied by a retune. If this is not done, the bike will run very lean, and can cause burnt exhaust valves. Your money, your choice, but unless you are a racer looking for that last bit of horsepower, aftermarket pipes are a waste of money as well as being generally annoying.
Exactly. I had to drill out my mixture screw plugs and adjust the screws. Now, if I go back to stock I am going to have to reset it again.

·
Ace Tuner
3,939 Posts
Exactly. I had to drill out my mixture screw plugs and adjust the screws. Now, if I go back to stock I am going to have to reset it again.
And that is just for slow speed running. Midrange and high speed tuning should also be adjusted to match a free flowing performance exhaust system.

S F

·
Ace Tuner
3,939 Posts
On most of the earlier non-ram air carbureted machines the major restriction is in the air inlet. A performance exhaust will wake it up some but removing air restriction from the air inlet really does it.
My bikes usually run the stock exhaust system. I don't need the attention a loud pipe brings. 👮‍♀️

S F

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update new exauhast cans where a success well happy with the sound and the performance is a much better as a result its getting a clean run through. Thanks for the the comments guys much appreciated safe and loud riding guys 😁😁😁

1 - 17 of 17 Posts