Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Ninja H2 Forum

So, this came out yesterday:

http://www.ninja-h2.com/

A teaser website for a new bike to be called the Ninja H2. Looks like it won't be a two-stroke (like the 750cc Mach IV H2), but instead an inline four-cylinder supercharged bike. Almost as good! There's not a heap of info just yet but the bike will be unveiled officially at INTERMOT soon.

Check out http://therideadvice.com/kawasaki-h2-supercharged-ninja/ and http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/N...ikes/2014/August/Supercharged-Ninja-imminent/ for all the info. Here's the lame teaser trailer:

http://youtu.be/aOO4YV01nWw

·
Commute Racer
2,225 Posts
Nothing against you, but that is a useless teaser. I doesn't inspire interest or speculation. It reminds me of the previews for that awful Sylvester Stallone movie where he was a mountain climber.

·
7,030 Posts
Nothing against you Rob, but Cliffhanger was considered a huge success and grossed over 250 million, worldwide.:biggrin:

Most adds for new products, especially in the development stages are meant to be teasers to get attention.

Sam:)

·
What?
865 Posts
I would say the people that invested in the movie. Which cares about ratings when your return on investment is that high.

That being sorted, I hope it is a throw back to the classic bikes, like Honda did with the new CB1100. Modern power, classic look. It is working very well with triumph.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Considered by who?

It's a 6 out of 10 on most ratings websites.
I've found that the critically acclaimed highly rated movies and tv shows are usually are the ones I'm not that a big a fan of. Give me a good B movie on a bored Friday or Saturday night and I'm satisfied. Since it was cloudy and a little rain this weekend I didn't chance riding. And apparently I didn't realize how tired I was. But I spent a some time trying my best to get in to Game Of Thrones. Didn't make it past episode 5.

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,225 Posts
Just because it was a successful movie does not mean it was a good movie.

Now... on to this as-of-yet rumored bike.
I have read speculation in various motorcycle magazines about supercharhing a SS bike, to make a Busa killer out of a liter bike, or make a 600 perform like a liter class machine. I wouldn't be surprised to find that the "speculation" was actually subtle teasers for this new H2, considering that Kawasaki seemed to be a word thrown around quite a bit in each half page article.

·
Shut up and Ride!
904 Posts
Its about time they release a supercharged liter bike. Theres been talk and rumors of companies supercharging little 250s so they can have the performance of a 600, or supercharging a 600 so it can have the performance of a 1000, but Ive seldom read anything about supercharging liter bikes due to "big displacement" going the way of the muscle car. Its nice to see Kawasaki doing something with a supercharger and possibly their inline 4. Sept 30 will tell us whats really going on.

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,225 Posts
Busa killer? Its called the ZX-14 :icon_cool:
The Busa and ZX=14 are kinda too closely matched to really call rge 14 a "Busa killer". Now, the Ducati Pinaggalli (or however the %*@^ it's spelled) and the BMW S1000RR, both of those could be considered Busa killers, where they produce the same levels of power, but in much lighter packages that handle like a razor

·
Shut up and Ride!
904 Posts
The Busa and ZX=14 are kinda too closely matched to really call rge 14 a "Busa killer". Now, the Ducati Pinaggalli (or however the %*@^ it's spelled) and the BMW S1000RR, both of those could be considered Busa killers, where they produce the same levels of power, but in much lighter packages that handle like a razor
To me, if its faster than the god like Hayabusa, its a busa killer lol. In that respect, most liter sportbikes are busa killers, as they make similar straight line power but will leave it in the dust in the twisties.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
As a former Kawi H1 owner and being aware of the old H2s from the same era I can understand a nostalgic appeal of a new H2. At the time, in the early 70s, the H1 was the fastest bike on the road bar none. The H1 was a 500 cc triple that ran like you would not believe and just a year or two later the H2 750 cc model was introduced. It was also a triple that would leave its smaller 500 cc brother in the dust. Both bikes were 2 strokes and had center cylinder overheating issues but they sure were fast, even by today's standards, between engine rebuilds. The seized center cylinder issues finally put an end to those models but today a revival of the performance from those days would be met with enthusiasm by those of us who were around back then.
I am not on the Kawi advertising e-mail list so I appreciate the heads up and look forward to seeing what this offering will be from a fine old performance MC company.

·
Registered
490 Posts
When I clicked on the link, I too, was hoping for something from the old Kawasaki H2- Mach IV... and I too owned the lightning bolt known as the Kawasaki 500 Mach III. It was a Blue 1971, they had not equipped them with front disc brakes yet. It would raise its front wheel towards the heavens, in any of the 1st three gears (maybe fourth as well)... I remember it was a bit wiggly in the turns.
I can remember on numerous occasions when someone would ask me if the cops ever caught up with me on such-n-such day. The thing could pass a car literally in the blink of an eye, and sometimes JohnnyLaw would end up behind me, making an effort to pull me over, while I was methodically picking off another grandma plodding along doing the speed limit. Gawd, I loved that bike!

·
7,030 Posts
I spent a lot of fun time on the H1 and H2 triples and until the Z1 came out, they were the Kings of rock and roll. Both bikes were civilized depending on the riders right wrist. I really liked the 750 as it was a little less intense at low speeds.

Let's speculate:

Maybe a 3 cylinder, 1200cc, direct injection, water cooled, 2 stroke, clean burn engine with supercharging or turbocharging, or both, such as the new Volvo passenger car engine.

Sam:)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts