Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got this 2007 Kawasaki ninja 250r from a friend, and it's a real fixer-upper. It looks like it's been dropped a few times, and it's been sitting for years, abandoned by the previous house owner. But no matter how hard I look, I can't find a body kit, and the plastics on it now are in bad shape. Anybody know where to find that? FYI this is my first bike, so y'all can assume my stupidity. I have some general mechanical knowledge, but it's limited to oil changes mostly.

·
American Legion Rider
26,080 Posts
Have you tried Bikebandit? Looks like they have parts for that bike anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
There is no cheap fix to body work. Unless it's only cracks due to vibrations, not requiring painting. You should be sure the bike is mechanically sound and is running good before moving on to the cosmetics.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I cannot recommend a specific place other than any of the OEM part houses as hogcowboy has suggested. However, depending on how bad the fairings are your options may be to have them repaired at a local body shop (many specialize in plastic repairs). Then there is Craiglist and eBay, and the hundreds of motorcycle graveyards across the nation. For example in Arizona I know there are two in the Phoenix Central area and one in Rye, Arizona. A quick search should bring up their names and addresses and contact information.

Unfortunately the Ninja took a big body design change in 2008, and it appears most of the cheap Chinese knock-off kits are geared for 2008 and newer, but you might want to consider contacting them to ask, if you haven't already. Good Luck with the build.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.