·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Doesn't seem too impressive.

·
Premium Member
9,826 Posts
Kawasaki and others are a bit late to the game. There are E bike races. Regular schedule in Europe. A race around the IOM. Meanwhile the closest bike shop has reasonably priced E bikes. Nearly every day I see, or pass, or park next to, an E bike or trike or cage. In all different styles and types. A 95 year old gets around in a light weight E cage. Another elderly lady has a Vespa, with a side car to carry her wheel chair / walker thing. Neighbour lady says she is getting 150 mpg from her Prius, and they estimate the monthly cost for E power is about $20.

I really do not think there is a market for a $30,000 E bike. $5,000 perhaps.

UK

·
Premium Member
9,826 Posts
I think an E powered bike should have performance similar to my XS400 to be suitable. Top speed 95, quarter in 13.5, range 100 miles, weight 375 max. This is the market I would aim for, with other models being smaller. If I wanted to go to the big city on the big island, which is a bit more than 100 miles, the bike would need to have a quick charge feature. 15 minutes at the coffee shop, with an appropriate cost. Add it to my coffee and muffin.

If I want to go to Bonneville, I would take one of the bigger bikes, or the van and trailer, and a small bike.

UK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts