Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a whim, while shopping at Walmart, I bought some DuPont Showroom Motorcycle Polish with Teflon Surface Protector. It was a lot faster than using wax and my bike came out the same or better than using wax. It only costs about $6 for 12 oz. spray can. It feels like I used around an 1/8 of the can, to polish both my paint and my chrome.
You just spray it on the part that you want to polish, be it chrome or paint, wait a few seconds and rub it off with a microfiber towel. Then I used a 100% cotton towel to do the final polishing.
I washed the bike before using it because there was some surface grime on it. And take a look at the pictures that I have posted of my 1982 Honda cm450c. I think it really looks good and I am not ashamed of riding this vintage motorcycle.
Peace out and have a good day!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks good. Brings back memories, I had an almost identical one as my first street bike when I was 16.

·
American Legion Rider
20,701 Posts
There are so many products out there now that it's hard to pick THE one. It looks like it did a great job here and it's relative cheap. I'd be curious as to how long it lasts and how well it repels rain. The bike looks darn good though.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Charlie Tango Xray
763 Posts
Nothing better than riding on a freshly detailed bike. Recently, I hosed off my 40 year old, high mileage, groovy little daily rider motorbike. Love that bike. Its the one I ride to work all summer unless its raining. But I couldn't remember the last time I had washed it. Last year? Maybe longer? Plus I have so many bikes, this one isn't first on my wash list. After I washed it though, everyone asked if I had gotten a newer bike because this one looked much nicer then the one I had been riding. I guess I should probably wash the poor thing more often, eh? :surprise:

Attachments

·
Registered
498 Posts
Looking at that bike, "shame" isn't even on the list of adjectives that come to my mind. If I owned it, I'd be proud of it. :)
Thinking the same thing. These days, vintage bikes are about the only ones that turn my head. Saw a guy in town about two days ago riding by on a Honda dream...made me rubberneck. I'd proudly ride my 50cc Yamahopper without a second thought. ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've seen some wax / polishes lately that have nano-ceramics in them and claim serious protection for your paint. I may have to give one of them a try but I really like the way your Honda turned out!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Turned out great! Might have to try it out.

I still can't say enough good about "Original Bike Spirits" though. Tried the Honda stuff, and so much more of a pain to polish off.

I fondly recall the hard work involved using this stuff:

s-l64.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts