Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum, and it is my first motorcycle forum in general. I have had 3 bikes of my own and ridden a couple more. I learned on a 90's Yamaha Virago 535 that i borrowed from my cousin for a couple months. Bought my first bike around 2012 or so, a 2001 Suzuki GS500. Had that for about a year and sold it, although it did teach me a lot as I rode it exclusively for about 3-4 months. I went about a year and a half without a bike at this point. I then bought a Suzuki SV1000 V-Strom, don't remember the year of the bike but it was a good Fuel Injected bike. Rode that for about 2 years or so, and decided that I did not need a bike and bought a project car to work on with my son. After about a year of that or so, I needed back on 2 wheels and bought my 98 Honda VFR800i. I thought all along i wanted a GSX-R/S 750 or so, but I found the bike I liked when I happened upon the VFR. It fits me and my riding style very well! My son recently got into motorbikes with a Yamaha Virago 750, and then upgraded to a 1998 YZF-600R. So we have been dong some riding together and that is what i have been missing all along, a riding partner! Makes it much more enjoyable to share the experience with someone else!

That is my story!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,333 Posts
Welcome to a great Forum of motorcycle enthusiast willing to help and discuss anything about our bikes:grin:

You have had a nice spread of bikes for sure.:smile:

I love the Honda VFR800I ABS and new ones are still available nearby me for +- $8,500, which is a great deal of bike for the money:surprise:

Sam:nerd:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I don't talk to many people who even already know what the VFR is, let alone like it! Mine is not ABS and pre-VTEC(yo!) But it has been a good bike and has been very capable and reliable for me. Also much more comfotable than a GSX-R would be, lol.

·
American Legion Rider
26,421 Posts
WELCOME ABOARD, and...

Make a few more posts here and the rest of the site will open to you.
This is the spambot control at work. The sites attempt to insure you
are a real person and not a spambot. Other members like to know they
are welcoming a real person.:smile: You have to make 15 posts before
you can post pictures. Right or wrong it's considered a privilege to be
able to post pictures. Unless you use Tapatalk which
somehow gets around that restriction.

We are friendly here. Well, some of us
:grin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts