13,156 Posts
Maybe not but it worked!

·
Registered
Can-Am Ryker 600, Ayro 311 Electric Reverse Trike
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Yet another update! I'm exhausted.
Oh, come on! Now the latest is the Ayro is going back to factory in Texas for repair!!! :oops: We had the exact same thing happen with our 1st RV trailer going back to factory in Indiana about 5 years ago.

Apparently a conversation between factory and dealer determined such an action is prudent, just like the (many) problems we had with our Winnebago 5th wheel.

·
American Legion Rider
21,868 Posts
Nothing like being a trailblazer. (y)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Nothing like being a trailblazer. (y)
More like just enjoy being unique. I've had uncommon rather than cookie cutter vehicles all my life. I had an AMC Gremlin, a tiny 1972 Honda 600 (car) it was twin cylinder, air cooled with 10" wheels, Isuzu diesel pickup when nobody had diesels, a Shuttlecraft which converts jetski into a boat, a Slingshot when they 1st came out, a 3 wheel reverse leaning trike (Piaggio MP3 500), have a Can-Am Ryker, and now the Ayro 311. :D

·
Visionary
3,840 Posts
You do have quite a track record for unusual vehicles. I appreciate that!
Hopefully they get it fixed or give you a new one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
You do have quite a track record for unusual vehicles. I appreciate that!
Hopefully they get it fixed or give you a new one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But next time it breaks, I might be SOL, as parts might be unavailable. I might have to redesign it by putting a small diesel engine in it or something like that.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
My cousin in North East England had an Isuzu diesel pick up. I had a gas one. UK
Consumer Reports gave them a very low rating. I had 60,000 miles totally trouble free miles.

·
American Legion Rider
21,868 Posts
More like just enjoy being unique. I've had uncommon rather than cookie cutter vehicles all my life. I had an AMC Gremlin, a tiny 1972 Honda 600 (car) it was twin cylinder, air cooled with 10" wheels, Isuzu diesel pickup when nobody had diesels, a Shuttlecraft which converts jetski into a boat, a Slingshot when they 1st came out, a 3 wheel reverse leaning trike (Piaggio MP3 500), have a Can-Am Ryker, and now the Ayro 311. :D
Oh dear, you're that Gremlin guy everyone points at and snickers!!!!! :D :D :D I wanted one of those Isuzu diesel pickups. I don't know why Consumer Reports poo pooed it. Everyone that I saw that had one loved it. And that Piaggio inspired Yamaha to put their version of it out there. Nah, I'll still say you are a trailblazer. Just maybe blazing the wrong trail. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Oh dear, you're that Gremlin guy everyone points at and snickers!!!!! :D :D :D I wanted one of those Isuzu diesel pickups. I don't know why Consumer Reports poo pooed it. Everyone that I saw that had one loved it. And that Piaggio inspired Yamaha to put their version of it out there. Nah, I'll still say you are a trailblazer. Just maybe blazing the wrong trail. :rolleyes:
If I am a trailblazer it's gotta be the eight one, as I take a systematic approach to everything. :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #91

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Approaching around the 10th change of plan to get me back on the road, it seems!
:rolleyes:

Now the latest is that the dealer will exchange my defective Ayro 311 for another brand new one. They are working with Ayro Corporate (paperwork-wise) to make that happen. Apparently Registrations are in Ayro Corporate's name, so paperwork is a bit of a clusterfuck, as they are getting back the old unit returning to their custody. I'm extending my patience to this latest iteration to getting back on the road.
:cool:

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,156 Posts
DAMN! one thing after another

·
American Legion Rider
21,868 Posts
DAMN! one thing after another
Yeah, but I'd rather go thru that kind of hassle and get a new machine over having them fool around with the older machine and have problem after problem keep delaying things. And that's exactly where this was headed I feared.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Yeah, but I'd rather go thru that kind of hassle and get a new machine over having them fool around with the older machine and have problem after problem keep delaying things. And that's exactly where this was headed I feared.
I would have insisted on getting money back and bought something else, but there is nothing else out there. All that is available is LSEVs (Low speed Electric Vehicle) that by law are governed to maximum 25 MPH. Would be fine around town, but I must go on 45 MPH highway to get to town. The Ayro on VIN tag says MOTORCYCLE, being an autocycle or can be considered a golf car.

It'll be interesting once I get it how reliable it will be. It does have pretty good torque to get it up to 50 MPH.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts