Motorcycle Forum banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
7,796 Posts
I have just been kidding you my Friend!! I don't want them and wouldn't even put my fingerprint or DNA on them.

Sam:)

·
American Legion Rider
21,868 Posts
I don't consider trikes bikes, especially electric ones. More like a three wheel golf cart.
There I said it.
I disagree only because they face the same hazards of cagers trying to kill them. They may even have it worse since they cannot make the same kind of offensive maneuvering a bike can. Same knees in the breeze other than that.

Reactions: Porky

·
Registered
Can-Am Ryker 600, Ayro 311 Electric Reverse Trike
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I had a
I don't consider trikes bikes, especially electric ones. More like a three wheel golf cart.
There I said it.
I had a three wheel LEANING reverse trike Piaggio MP3 500, a Polaris Slingshot, and HAVE a Can-AM Ryker. None of those either? (LOL)

·
American Legion Rider
21,868 Posts
Well now you bring the Slingshot in and have to agree there. That’s a car with disabilities, missing one wheel. ;)

·
Registered
162 Posts
I had a

I had a three wheel LEANING reverse trike Piaggio MP3 500, a Polaris Slingshot, and HAVE a Can-AM Ryker. None of those either? (LOL)
Personally no because the rider is less involved. On a bike the rider moves about far more and the dynamics are just too different. No insult intended.
images (6).jpeg

Take the Ariel Atom, that to me is a three-wheel formula car.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Well now you bring the Slingshot in and have to agree there. That’s a car with disabilities, missing one wheel. ;)
Technically, it is an AUTOCYCLE which has same requirements as a motorcycle. When I got it in 2015, a motorcycle license was required, but 2 years ago that was dropped (in FL). But still NO insurance is required (as long as you have general MEDICAL insurance if riding w/o helmet), and I NEVER had any for that, or any other motorcycle or trike I've ever owned.

·
American Legion Rider
21,868 Posts
Yeah, I know they invented a new type of vehicle category. It is still a car on disability. :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yeah, I know they invented a new type of vehicle category. It is still a car on disability. :D
I always viewed them as motorcycles for the disabled (no disrespect to the disabled intended).
Trikes have been around far longer than most people realize. A co-worker at the classic sports car/motorcycle shop I worked at was given the task of restoring an air cooled Morgan trike. Weird machine, had the v-twin mounted out in front like a WWI airplane.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
It's missing one wheel which I stated above. It's a car with a motorcycle engine. :rolleyes: ;)
A 4th one is superfluous. Performance not handicapped because of it. BTW: My Slingshot had a 2.4L Chevy engine.

·
American Legion Rider
21,868 Posts
A 4th one is superfluous. Performance not handicapped because of it. BTW: My Slingshot had a 2.4L Chevy engine.
Dang, you would go broke buying rear tires for that thing!

·
American Legion Rider
21,868 Posts

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,156 Posts
My tuner who built my engine and supercharged it, now does the same for slingshots. Turbo or supercharger, I think he may have even built a dual charged one. I do know that he built a twin charged 800+ hp Atom.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Hot off the press! They tried another motor from a different unit and my unit FINALLY worked! So now they are waiting on new motor. They ordered new motor from AYRO earlier in the week.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,156 Posts
You should have told them to leave the working motor on your unit and put the new one in the one they took it from.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
You should have told them to leave the working motor on your unit and put the new one in the one they took it from.
Must not have been a new one they tried.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts