41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,156 Posts
You are a patient man.

·
American Legion Rider
21,868 Posts
I hope this just isn't another stall tactic on their part. I can just hear the out of stock comment and it's shipped but been delayed in customs or any number of other reasons they can't or won't do anything now totally out of their control. Yeah, you got way more patience than I have. I sure do hope it works though. (y)

·
Registered
Can-Am Ryker 600, Ayro 311 Electric Reverse Trike
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I hope this just isn't another stall tactic on their part. I can just hear the out of stock comment and it's shipped but been delayed in customs or any number of other reasons they can't or won't do anything now totally out of their control. Yeah, you got way more patience than I have. I sure do hope it works though. (y)
We'll see what happens. Like they say "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". I will keep squeaking. Went thru a similar rigmarole regarding dozens of "pure" silver coins (both uncirculated brand new and old Morgans) that turned out to be counterfeit. Got my money back on my CC, but now I have a bunch of realistic looking fake coins I don't know what to do with.

·
7,796 Posts
Send the coins to me please! :) PM me.:)
Sam

·
7,796 Posts
No, so I can use the forgeries in my Leather business to adorn purses, saddlebags, phone carriers and especially custom Holsters. :giggle:

As patient and gullible as some people I know I could probably sell them back to you. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Samo_O

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
No, so I can use the forgeries in my Leather business to adorn purses, saddlebags, phone carriers and especially custom Holsters. :giggle:

As patient and gullible as some people I know I could probably sell them back to you. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Samo_O
I was thinking about drilling a good size hole in the middle of them. Would that be OK?

·
7,796 Posts
Fine but the outside edge would be better for mounting.:)

Sam

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Fine but the outside edge would be better for mounting.:)

Sam
I just don't want ANYONE trying to sell them as real! Back in the 60s I used to buy 45s for 25 cents that had a hole punched in them (not in the grooves) to indicate they were NOT new.

But I'm afraid as soon as I get rid of them, the seller/forgers, credit card company, or Secret Service (whom I reported them to) will want them.

·
American Legion Rider
21,868 Posts
I just don't want ANYONE trying to sell them as real! Back in the 60s I used to buy 45s for 25 cents that had a hole punched in them (not in the grooves) to indicate they were NOT new.

But I'm afraid as soon as I get rid of them, the seller/forgers, credit card company, or Secret Service (whom I reported them to) will want them.
If you reported it then I would hang onto them. They very well may want them as evidence. But keep Porky in mind when you feel it is safe to rid yourself of them.

Reactions: Porky

·
7,796 Posts
I use trinkets to decorate some of my Leathercraft.

·
American Legion Rider
21,868 Posts
Looks good Sam. (y)

Reactions: Porky

·
7,796 Posts
Thanks Larry!
Sam:)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Wouldn't dollar coins be too big?

·
7,796 Posts
Not on a big bag, purse or Motorcycle saddle bags.

I can buy LOOK ALIKE coins of all kinds from Ancient through current at my favorite business where I buy most of my supplies and have a Military/ wholesale account. "Springfield Leather Company," Springfield, Missouri.

Indian head coins have always been popular in the Heartland.

Most trinkets and coins obviously aren't real Silver or Gold, but Pewter, brass, copper, Stainless steel or plated/ painted Tin so they aren't very expensive.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Not on a big bag, purse or Motorcycle saddle bags.

I can buy LOOK ALIKE coins of all kinds from Ancient through current at my favorite business where I buy most of my supplies and have a Military/ wholesale account. "Springfield Leather Company," Springfield, Missouri.

Indian head coins have always been popular in the Heartland.

Most trinkets and coins obviously aren't real Silver or Gold, but Pewter, brass, copper, Stainless steel or plated/ painted Tin so they aren't very expensive.

It absolutely must be clear right away when it is a "trinket", otherwise it is legally COUNTERFEIT. If it says "1 oz. FINE SILVER" and it is not, it is no longer a trinket.

41 - 60 of 95 Posts