Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Read Only
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
[/IMG]

I'm stoked! Vintage/Classic Italian bikes are so over the top in price, I've avoided them while looking for something older and minty for show and shines, and local bike shows/meets. I paid more than high retail for this 1985 Moto Morini 350 K2, but it's mint, original, 2K original miles, from a MC museum, and is pretty rare in the USA. Yeah...a 350 was all I could afford. BUT this thing is rated to achieve 106 mph out of the box. :surprise:

·
So long
2,739 Posts
Congrats and best of luck with it.

Now that you own an Italian bike, you'll soon to learn to swear in Italian. Capisce?

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Congrats! If you tried posting pictures above they didn't seem to work on my end.

·
Read Only
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats! If you tried posting pictures above they didn't seem to work on my end.
Thanks! I've been trying to use pastepics and copy the URL, several times. I can't get it to work. I need a lesson! I wish this forum would allow to do it without a URL like email does, or facebook. The bike is in phenominal condition, and I want to show it off. :)

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
There is a space at the bottom where you can drag and drop the actual picture file and attach it to your post. You can only do so many of those, though, before you use up all your allotted space here.

Reactions: BWB75

·
Read Only
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is a space at the bottom where you can drag and drop the actual picture file and attach it to your post. You can only do so many of those, though, before you use up all your allotted space here.

Thanks. I'll give it a go. I'm computer McDumb.

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Wow, congratulations!

Rare - Beautiful - Interesting

According to the guys on the old Top Gear (UK version) something only needed to be two of those to be considered a classic. I think that bike firmly nails all three. Nice find!

·
Read Only
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, congratulations!

Rare - Beautiful - Interesting

According to the guys on the old Top Gear (UK version) something only needed to be two of those to be considered a classic. I think that bike firmly nails all three. Nice find!

Thanks! You don't know how much time I spent searching for something like this. Wifey was getting a little miffed. Now she's doing the "Geeze...it's about time" thingy. The seller had 35 people watching it halfway into the first day on a nine day auction with a Buy It Now. I bought it now. Didn't want to lose it. I found out something obvious with the searches though...many people are trying to get good money for junk bikes through internet MC sales!

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Oh ya, I see it all the time. Lot's of dreamers selling junk old Honda CBs out there.

I do some things with air cooled VWs too - lots of dreamers in that world right now, too.

·
Read Only
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Oh ya, I see it all the time. Lot's of dreamers selling junk old Honda CBs out there.

I do some things with air cooled VWs too - lots of dreamers in that world right now, too.
Do I see a vintage sporty in your avatar?

I nearly bought a beautiful restored '72 sporty ironhead which is on ebay right now, but decided for the Morini instead. The guy put $12K into the restoration, and shows photos of the process in a shop. It's in the shop getting the 500 mile break-in service right now. If you know anyone interested in an ironhead, they might want to check this one out. He changed the tank, covered the seat, did electronic ignition and some a host of other things which he lists.

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
It is! It's a 1976 I restored over the course of a year. I'm still working on it and changing things, but it's fun bike and I like how it came out. It was a complete basket case when I got it. I had to work somewhat on a budget doing the work, but it came out nicely and runs great now.

You can read about the build here: https://www.motorcycleforum.com/31-building-restoration-modification/186722-76-xlch-sportster-build-basket-case.html

If you have chrome or firefox you might have to download the photobucket work around extension to see the photos.

Larger version of the photo is attached.

Attachments

Reactions: ketchboy

·
Read Only
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It is! It's a 1976 I restored over the course of a year. I'm still working on it and changing things, but it's fun bike and I like how it came out. It was a complete basket case when I got it. I had to work somewhat on a budget doing the work, but it came out nicely and runs great now.

You can read about the build here: https://www.motorcycleforum.com/31-building-restoration-modification/186722-76-xlch-sportster-build-basket-case.html

If you have chrome or firefox you might have to download the photobucket work around extension to see the photos.

Larger version of the photo is attached.
Sweet! I've always liked the Iron Heads. Old school!

·
Registered
781 Posts
That is one beautiful bike, Oldwinger. Personally I've never heard of the Moto bikes. But then the only thing Italian in my garage is my 76 Vespa Rally200 and a Vespa Paggio Moped. But I do eat Pizza with wine. Does that help?

And that Sportster! Other than the seat, it could have been the one I owned back in the 80's. Such a fun bike to ride. Traded it straight across for a Chevy powered '23 T Bucket years ago when the prices of things were reasonable. Both are gone now. The only thing left is the memories.:grin:

·
Biker
1,624 Posts
First Italian bike

Congrats and best of luck with it.

Now that you own an Italian bike, you'll soon to learn to swear in Italian. Capisce?
I guess I lucked out, never bought an Italian bike but dad is fully Italian, learned cusses whenever I 'FT up'

His choice expressions,

"Bah Funghool, Monjhune Struntz, Monjha La petanna" if I or my brother really messed up, it was all three.

The G in bah funghool is a hard G like in GOAT. Monghune struntz and mongha La Petanna G is like J.
hate to hear you cuss in Italian the wrong way.

Now you can ride over to the Olive Garden, their Pasta fazhool ( macaroni an beans ) delicious as is everything
on the menu.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts