Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don’t care to rant very often, but this really got under my skin. Have any of you had someone throw something at you as you passed by?

I come upon a car that was traveling rather slow. The road is a two lane country road with very little traffic. As I approached the car I didn’t need to slow down because there was no on coming traffic, and plenty of visible road ahead.

As I approached I moved over into the oncoming lane. When I got to the back of his car he began moving over the double lines, and then tossed what looked like about a six inch long 2X4 out the window at me. Fortunately it missed, I moved all the way over to the left hand edge of the other lane and was past him before he could move any further into my lane; needless to say this really made me mad.:mad:

I would have estimated his speed as I approached at about 50mph, road has a 55 mph speed limit, I normally ride 65 on this section of road. After passing him I was doing about 75, the next thing I know this guy is right on my ass. I was still about ten miles from town. I had considered just stopping slowly but I didn’t know what this fool might do so the other option was flight, so I took the flight option, 105 and said goodbye. He tried following me through an S turn that I take every morning, and from what little I could see almost lost it. Fortunately that is where I lost him.

Now where is a cop when you need one, oh ya, the donut shop.:frown:

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Glad to hear you are ok Blaine. This world is full of bad people and it sounds like you encountered one today. Too bad you didn't get his license number. I really hope he doesn't try to get another rider that doesn't have the experience to get away.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Man, what a douche. Glad you didn't get hit. I use to think GoPro's were just for YouTube motorcycle vloggers. Now I'm thinking they should be standard equipment.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Some people are just pissed at them selfs for being to scaird to ride... And ther are envious of those who do ride.... So they take it out on us.

·
Registered
18 Posts
In glad to hear it played out in the best way possible. I have had someone spit at me while I was riding. He missed; but holy cow was I mad. I went looking for him and never did find him. That was last year and if it happened again today I think I would handle it differently. It is amazing how much you change in a year when your in your early twentys.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wow, what a terrible person. Glad to hear you're okay. As a brand new rider this sort of situation scares me more than anything else. You never know who is behind the wheel of that car you're coming up on, and there are a lot of irrationally angry people out there.

·
Charlie Tango Xray
763 Posts
Get a plate number and call it in and save the next rider from getting injured or killed from these jerkweeds. I recently bought a bluetooth unit for my motorcycle helmet after dealing with a road rage incident in my car. Interestingly, I wasn't the first guy to call him in that day. But it was my call that helped the cops finally catch him.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow, what a jerk! I definitely would have called that in to the cops, but I wouldn't engage the crazy, you never know what those fools out there will do. Some people just suck. :/

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I want to move to Washington State where the liberals are, its terrible being around these conservatives that throw &(*^ out of the car at motorcyclists.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I live in California, one of the most liberal states. I would have got the license if I had been behind him when he tossed the wood out of the window I would have stayed behind and got the number.

I was passing him when he through it. Since people in out neck of the woods shoot each other for sport, I decided it was best just to get rid of the jerk. Never know, just may see him away from his car one day and then it will be pay back time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
What an idget. Some peoples kids lol! Sounds like he had some anger issues, good thing you didn't stop. A guy got shot up in my neck of the woods the other day over road rage. He confronted somebody like that and got blown away in front of his wife and kid. Best thing to do is leave them be to waller in their own miserable life :)

·
Commute Racer
2,225 Posts
He was probably one of those "I don't speed, and no one else should. I will take the law into my own hands and prevent you from doing by going slow in the left lane" type of guys. Was he an older guy?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
It reads like he had that act planned for the first available person he could find. Most likely, he's had an unpleasant encounter in that situation before and was looking for an opportunity to lash out. He baited you in with the slower than posted speed, hoping you would make a double yellow pass.

·
Super Moderator
1,581 Posts
Was he an older guy?
Now, now........
Define "older".....:icon_cool:

Some people have an axe to grind with bikers. I don't know why, and I don't think they do, either.
Some people are just effin' mean, and like to inflict pain and misery on others.
Some people have the IQ of a watermelon
You just have to be aware of it and stay on your guard.

·
Commute Racer
2,225 Posts
I don't think so. Liberals are typically more passive aggressive. Throwing stuff at other drivers takes at least some balls.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts