Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,212 Posts
Having spent my last 3 years of active duty as the Administrator of the U.S. Army Burn Center I can tell you that there is almost nothing worse to suffer than a severe burn. Hopefully Jay Leno's burns were not 3rd degree burns, i.e., where the entire thickness of the skin was burned, so that he will recover and still look mostly like what he looked like before the accident.
It says they were 3rd degree burns.

· Registered
1,212 Posts
I thought this was an interesting interview with Leno:

Through all the fame and fortune, he seems to have remained a pretty level headed, eerily normal person. Certainly a rarity in that town.

But I think any car/motorcycle enthusiast can relate. We all prefer to spend our money on something tangible rather than consumables. Keep eating cheap and its another toy in the driveway in no time.

· Registered
1,212 Posts
Lighting that burner reminded me of those old M67 immersion heaters we used in the Army.
Never trusted them.

For those not familiar, you dribble straight gasoline down a hole fast enough to maintain a fire. (but not too fast :oops:)
It will boil 10 gal of water in about 15 min.
There's a technique to it & you usually loose an eyebrow or 2 before figuring it out.

Almost looks like a turbo fire pit.

· Registered
1,212 Posts
Wonder if I can heat my pool with one of these...

This actually seems like a logical way to create heat because it seems you can generate so much intense heat off a very small amount of wood.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts