Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be traveling with the wife, up the east coast of Florida, as of the 12th of this month, up 95.

We will travel up the east coast (which we haven't done before) on 95, from Fort Lauderdale, until South Carolina, where we will take the Route 77 cut off.

Anyone wanna meet up along that stretch.

-Soupy

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I'll be traveling with the wife, up the east coast of Florida, as of the 12th of this month, up 95.

We will travel up the east coast (which we haven't done before) on 95, from Fort Lauderdale, until South Carolina, where we will take the Route 77 cut off.

Anyone wanna meet up along that stretch.

-Soupy
That would be awesome Soupy, but I'm flying to Texas on the 11th. Do yourself a favor and take 485 around Charlotte and avoid being 77nd!

If you do decide to run through Charlotte and it's anywhere between noon and 9PM stop by Alexander Michaels for some lunch/dinner, I highly recommend "what it is", "4th ward stroganoff" and the london broil sandwich! If you stop there tell Steve, Coop, Tracey and Susie that Craig said hi!

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be awesome Soupy, but I'm flying to Texas on the 11th. Do yourself a favor and take 485 around Charlotte and avoid being 77nd!

If you do decide to run through Charlotte and it's anywhere between noon and 9PM stop by Alexander Michaels for some lunch/dinner, I highly recommend "what it is", "4th ward stroganoff" and the london broil sandwich! If you stop there tell Steve, Coop, Tracey and Susie that Craig said hi!
I'll recheck your suggestions as we travel. Thanks for the tips!!

-Soupy

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There has been some discussion, unresolved as yet, about taking 41 (a.k.a. Alligator Alley) across, adding some miles and time to our trek over to Ft. Lauderdale, to see a bit more of the terrain, rather than just Route 75.

If you are southern Floridian, or mid-southern State Floridian, this is YOUR opportunity to "meet-n-greet" the "Soupster." Chime in now if you want to arrange something.....our departure date draweth near!!

We will then travel as indicated before, up 95 til we hit Route 77 in South Carolina.

From there, we will take "77" to Route 81, and then Route 84. We have all week (don't have to be back until the 18th) and can travel somewhat leisurely.

Hopefully we will not run into anything major, but I haven't given earnest attention yet, to the weather.

-Soupy

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,787 Posts
If you take 41, check and see if Lucky's is open.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you take 41, check and see if Lucky's is open.
Ok, tell me more.........

Why should I be looking for "Lucky's?" What's it all about?

-Soupy

·
12,787 Posts
Oh you aren't a Surge Storms fan?

Lucky is a photographer who lives off of 41. He is called Lucky because a lot of women stop by to get photos done. He is sometimes open to the public. Not officially a bar but accepts 'donations' for the beer he has available. Google is your friend.

Guy's name is Lucky Cole.

https://www.google.com/#q=lucky+cole

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh you aren't a Surge Storms fan?

Lucky is a photographer who lives off of 41. He is called Lucky because a lot of women stop by to get photos done. He is sometimes open to the public. Not officially a bar but accepts 'donations' for the beer he has available. Google is your friend.

Guy's name is Lucky Cole.

https://www.google.com/#q=lucky+cole
I took a look at that website and decided that going to Lucky's place would be hazardous to my general health and marital happiness, and "for that reason, I'm out." (Shark Tank)

-soupy

·
12,787 Posts
LOL, understood.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Leaving tomorrow (the 12th).........make your requests now for a visit from "soupy." Otherwise, we will miss you!!

-soupy

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For the record, the folks who we were going to go see in Ft. Lauderdale had a family emergency, and called us just minutes before we left (7 AM) from N. Ft. Myers.

As a result, we no longer needed or wanted to travel to the east coast by way of Alligator Alley, and so we headed North up 75.

That being said, I noted as we passed the HD Dealership that we stopped at, as we drove thru Daytona. That was a good memory.

We also had pulled off the highway, and ate at a Burger King right next to the Daytona Speedway. It's the closest I've ever been to that location. Only seen it on TV. Made me wonder......when it's "Bike Week" in Daytona, do the bikes all congregate on the road outside the Speedway, or in another part of town????

Staying in St. Augustine tonight, and continuing on 95 to 77 in the morning.

-Soupy

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Home again finally, as of 1:15 yesterday (Thursday). No issue other than a couple of snow flurries (in Virginia and Pennsylvania). There were a couple of nasty accidents we did not witness, but saw the aftermath.

-Soupy

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,879 Posts
Home again finally, as of 1:15 yesterday (Thursday). No issue other than a couple of snow flurries (in Virginia and Pennsylvania). There were a couple of nasty accidents we did not witness, but saw the aftermath.

-Soupy
Glad to hear you are home safe .. Wish we could have visited longer maybe next time .. As far as the Speedway that's where many Vendors Set up for Bike week, also Test Rides for many brand Bikes done as well ..

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
Glad to hear you are home safe .. Wish we could have visited longer maybe next time .. As far as the Speedway that's where many Vendors Set up for Bike week, also Test Rides for many brand Bikes done as well ..
Ditto, glad you made it home okay.

Like Joe said, the speedway is just one venue for vendors and is where most of the demo rides are. You can also take your bike for a few alps around the actual speedway track too. Destination, where you met Joe, is another venue and probably has a few more vendors and almost constant live music. Main Street, of course, has cruising, some vendors, and a lot of people. Beach Street is yet another big venue. Cabbage Patch has more mom-n-pop type vendors and lots of bands and of course the famous cole slaw wrestling. White Eagle has the outhouse drag races, but is much much smaller then the Patch. There's events and vendors set up down in New Smyrna too, and Edgewater, and Deland several other places. With about 500,000 people in town it get's pretty spread out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts