Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on this Monkeys back:smile_big:

I stopped by my Powersports dealer this past Tuesday and this new Honda Monkey was prominently displayed:smile_big:

Very nice little street legal, short hop commuter, if you work close to home like I do---Maybe, just maybe:surprise:

Actually, I went in to make an offer on a new 'African Twin' Adventure bike as I really need some new Adventures, this coming Spring:smile_big:

Yes I like 'SMILIES' :smile_big::smile::kiss::grin::wink2:

Sam:nerd:

Attachments

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's actually bigger than it looks as I am:grin:

In 1966, I had a brand new Honda Z50 mini trail, much smaller than the Monkey and I put it in my trunk and used it to ride all over the desert where I was stationed, with my 22 rifle strapped on my back and hunting Jackrabbits---Now that was Adventure, for me, not for the Rabbits:surprise:

Sam:nerd:

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
It's basically a way cooler looking Grom! If it weren't so expensive (for what it is) I'd be all over it! :)

Reactions: Porky

·
On The Road Again!
4,192 Posts
Mike, I'd like to see you commute to work on THAT thing!
LOL!!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My work commute is 11 miles one way and 10 of those miles are on rural roads so the Monkey would be fun for a change.

We had 2 Yamaha Zuma's in 2010 and I would alternate riding it and my 2010 Triumph Scrambler and 2010 Honda NT700:smile_big: Guess which put the biggest smile on my face?:smile:

Sam

·
American Legion Rider
25,917 Posts
I was actually nearly shocked at the number of scooters in your area Sam. Guess it's the college town thing. It's very rare to see one in my area until I get to a college town.

·
Visionary
5,255 Posts
HAHA!

Yeah, I don't think this would be much of a commuter for me when my commute is all interstate. Speed limit is technically 65 but I guess that only applies to the far right lane :)

Mike, I'd like to see you commute to work on THAT thing!
LOL!!

·
Visionary
5,255 Posts
That Monkey would be perfect for 10 miles on a rural road!
My work commute is 11 miles one way and 10 of those miles are on rural roads so the Monkey would be fun for a change.

We had 2 Yamaha Zuma's in 2010 and I would alternate riding it and my 2010 Triumph Scrambler and 2010 Honda NT700:smile_big: Guess which put the biggest smile on my face?:smile:

Sam

1 - 11 of 11 Posts