Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy that I more or less mentored thru the Licensing process, and his first bike purchase, told me today that he's in the market for a SECOND bike. He's not getting rid of his first bike (apparently).

That said, it made me wonder..........

How many of YOU have more than one bike, and what's the total number?

Any reason other than "I'm rich and can afford it?!"

-Soupy

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I've got two bikes....The first one wasn't running right (and still isn't) so I got impatient and went out and brought another....It was getting depressing looking out the window starring at a bike that wouldn't run right. The first one would be perfect for night riding, being bright yellow, I'd atleast get noticed.....

·
Charlie Tango Xray
763 Posts
I'm down to four now. I bought a new bike last year and just recently sold my previous primary bike. But I have three older all original bikes I found on Craigslist and got them running again. I felt I needed to save them from getting turned into poorly done bobbers or a slow painful tarp death.:)

·
What?
865 Posts
I've got two. My 86 Ninja 600 and my 81 KZ1000 Ltd.

The Ninja was what I crashed on last summer and with me being unable to ride for so long I stopped running it every so often and now it won't start. I plan on taking it in once the American Tax Payer starts giving me money for my Humanities degree next month.

I bought the KZ because I was worried I couldn't ride a sport bike with my wrist being screwed up. Plus I got a decent deal on it.

I really want to get my ninja running again, that thing was fun as hell to ride.

·
Shut up and Ride!
904 Posts
I actually have 3 bikes, my 84 Honda Shadow VT700 (my very first bike/learner bike) which is non operable, and a project bike, my '12 Harley Night Rod Special, and my '12 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R (1000cc).

My Harley I bought as a gift to myself for landing my job in the hospital I work in now, and the Ninja I got because ive always wanted a sport bike and it was on a Red Tag sale so the deal was too good to not pass up :71baldboy:

·
Troublemaker
2,520 Posts
Down to three now. Was five a few weeks ago but decided it was just getting to be too much work to keep up on all the maintenance. Have a 74 Honda 360 that just decided it needed some attention so I'm going to give it paint and find out why the rear sprocket came loose.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I have two bikes in the garage, not rich.
1991 CBR 1000. Don't ride it often
2002 V Star 1100. Purchased this year. What I lost in speed and performance I picked up in comfort.
But it is still really fun to climb on the CBR and go!
I was trying to sell the CBR, but everyone was attempting to low ball me, so I decided to keep it.:biggrin:

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dunno............I understand it, but I don't believe my WIFE would (she can't ride, due to her M.S., either as a passenger or a driver).

I don't see myself EVER owning more than one bike (I DO "see myself" finding an old piece of #%&$ and trying to rebuild it. THAT would be fun).

-Soupy

·
Eating GSXRs, Sh***ing CBRs
1,895 Posts
I've got two. A ZX9R and an 84 XV1000 that is turned into a bobber/ratbike.

-I'd like a 3rd bike. Something that is more comfortable for going long distances. Like a Vulcan 1500 or similar.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
We have 2 bikes, we both ride :)

Mine is the silver '09 Star Raider 1900, & my wife rides my previous bike a black '99 Yamaha Virago 1100

She just placed an order for a brand new silver 2015 Indian scout :cool: once that shows up we will likely sell the Virago

The Scout is the 1st "new" bike either of us ever had, so no we're not rich lol. This thing is going through financing

·
Registered
535 Posts
I have two. One for daily use (a GSX-R1000) and one for moto gymkhana, a GSX-R600.

And three push-bikes. Considering a fourth.

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
I have two, the mostly '70 CB450 that I restored, after 28 years in the garage, and the '05 S50 Boulevard (aka VS800 Intruder). The 450 mostly stays around town, and the S50 is for longer trips. When not taking longer rides, I alternate them after filling a tank.

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,225 Posts
At one point, I did have an SX-650 along with the Honda Shadow, but the old Yammie was an electrical nightmare, and I sold it to someone who was pretty good dealing with that stuff. Had I been able to get the electrical bugs figured out, all I would have had to do after is fix the starter clutch, clean and tune the carbs, fresh tires and brake pads/shoes, and craft a seat.

·
Gone.
17,871 Posts
I've never bought a new bike, and although I feel myself to be a very rich man I don't have a lot of money. There's about 4 1/2 bikes in the garage:

2005 Harley Davidson
1996 Harley Davidson
1956 Harley Davidson
2008 Harley Davidson (Wife's bike)
Various engines, parts, and pieces, Harley Davidson.

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
All told, there are 5 bikes here in various states. One is a parts bike (old Sabre), one is the Kiddo's TTR50, Then mine are an 81 Goldwing, a 78 CB750 racer, and another 83 Goldwing project.

Once I start I just can't stop myself!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts