Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
49 degrees and sunny, but I went for my first ride of the new season. It really felt great to get back out on my bike. Not a long ride, and my hands started to feel cold but it was amazing to be riding after 3 months of grumbling about the cold and snow. It also reminded me what I great bike I own, and maybe I don't have to consider getting a new one, with new monthly payments! I know it is supposed to turn a bit colder tomorrow and this coming week, but its almost the end of February so riding season will not be too far off. I'm just really glad I had the chance to be out on my bike (and curiously, I did not see a single other bike during my ride).

·
Veteran Member
3,275 Posts
I am feeling you. I usually ride my dual sport throughout the year, including winter. But this year it needed the engine removed for repairs. But that's done and I took it for a ride on Friday when it was 45 degrees up here. It felt great! All the other bikes are still tucked into their beds until the real spring time arrives.

·
Registered
742 Posts
NE PA winter has been fairly mild. I rode right into the beginning of December and I've had the bike out several times over the winter. I didn't put it to bed for the winter this year.

·
8,621 Posts
After my first ride in beautiful 70 degree weather today, the short 145 miles just reinforced how absolutely great my Rocket 3 truly is:biggrin:

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
Driftless Rider
1,540 Posts
I got out today for a quick run down to the south side of town. (30 mile round trip.)
41 degrees is not bad with the proper gear, I probably could have ridden farther, but the roads are still pretty salty and sandy.

·
On The Road Again!
3,849 Posts
Yes, it did feel good!
I did almost one hundred miles on my Goldwing this morning.
Then this afternoon a friend showed up on his Yamaha 125 scooter, so I got out the Honda Trail 90 and rode about 20 miles with him.
The high temp for the day was 57 and it sure felt good!
...and tomorrow is supposed to be another nice day!

·
Hero of Legend
1,208 Posts
Got up to 70 today. Loved every bit of it, and took the opportunity to get out on the road. Felt great!

·
Eating GSXRs, Sh***ing CBRs
1,895 Posts
I've been riding the last couple days. I rode right to the middle of December and got it out a couple times in January, too.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Riding again here in CT today. Rode yesterday......

The frozen smile on my face, looked a bit like Jack Nicholson's version of the Joker, in the Batman film, and I wore it proudly!

-soupy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts