Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
64 Posts
Hey, I'm the 'Master of Low Tech'---still have a flip-phone, if that tells ya anything, lol. Meh, I have a fairly new laptop computer for those times when I need to get on the web, but as an old rogue dinosaur I like to keep things simple, yeah? Ties in with my philosophy about offroading: if ya can't extricate yourself from any situation out there, then ya don't BELONG there, lol. Sunk to the axles in deep sand? Bust out the E-tool and commence digging, lol... one time, I had my Oldsmobile sunk to the axles in sand in Carrizo Wash in Anza-Borrego, and it took me 5 HOURS to dig myself out (3 times), using dead branches as ramps for the front-wheel-drive Olds... I almost camped out on the spot, as it was getting dark and I had plenty of food, water, beer, etc., but I managed to extract myself and went across the highway (S-2) to camp at an old stagecoach station, which was totally cool. Returned to the site of my ordeal the next day, and pounded beers while cranking rock & roll on the cheesy Olds stereo, lol... that included 'The Star-Spangled Banner' by Jimi Hendrix, a tune all about freedom, AYE??? Anyway, I like your work, it shows class, lol... I am f#%ng METICULOUS when it comes to bike work, almost to the point of being RIDICULOUS, LOL. Almost... but that trait comes in handy on certain projects, 10-4??? CHEERS!!! :alien:

·
On The Road Again!
3,826 Posts
Hey, I'm the 'Master of Low Tech'---still have a flip-phone, if that tells ya anything, lol. Meh,
"Master of Low Tech"?
HA! Not even close!
I don't even HAVE a cell phone.
Don't have one.
Don't need one.
Don't WANT one!
My phone is wired to the wall at home....where phones belong!
:cool:

·
Ban Hammer, Try Me.
2009 Ninja 500r
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Rebuilt the carbs and dialed them in on the bench then with a manometer. Also changed the spark plugs added a few fuel filters (one inline for the fuel and one on the vent hose and snipped the length off) and changed the oil. Don't know if I mentioned I added a Mosfit voltage regulator that I bought from a guy that does them up to be plug and play, and have 14.12-14-25 volts constantly. Things finally made a movement today and was able to put the fuel tank on to stay now.

DSCF2843.JPG
DSCF2842.JPG
DSCF2841.JPG
DSCF2839.JPG
DSCF2838.JPG
DSCF2837.JPG
DSCF2836.JPG
DSCF2835.JPG

·
Ban Hammer, Try Me.
2009 Ninja 500r
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Got a chance to work on the bike today and was a disaster in my opinion. Fish eye in the paint in the worst way. However got the bedliner areas done I wanted done and the decals on too, and a few I almost did not put on but thought, oh well. Decided against LED headlighting at least for now (have two because the one that was on the bike had a broken tab). The mirrors are for a EX650 and about 4 inches longer than the stock size of the ex500.

Damned fish eye. Grrrrrr.

DSCF2863.JPG
DSCF2862.JPG
DSCF2861.JPG
DSCF2860.JPG
DSCF2859.JPG
DSCF2858.JPG
DSCF2857.JPG

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,281 Posts
Getting there