Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that may not know, practice, qualifying and racing is underway for the Isle of Mann TT. One life has already been claimed. Videos and reports are on Youtube.

·
Premium Member
9,826 Posts
One shortened race due to one crash and death. Good rider, who had previously managed a 128 mph lap.
Man has only one N.

UK

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Don't watch a lot of motorcycle racing but sometimes I will watch the dirt bike races or bikes on purpose built race tracks. But there's a big difference when it comes to that Isle of Man race. It's not the speed, it's the obstacles on each side of the road. I know a racer can die at any race track anywhere in the world, but I can't watch the Isle of Man. They're a brave bunch of racers, got to give them that. I just hope there are no further deaths there.

(I also hope I'm not confusing the Isle of Man with some other race track.)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One shortened race due to one crash and death. Good rider, who had previously managed a 128 mph lap.
Man has only one N.

UK
Thanks, UK. Now that I feel properly chastised, do I have to sit in the corner and count to one hundred? LOL.

Any time I feel kind of 'cocky' and pat myself on the back, thinking I'm a great rider, all I have to do is watch old videos of the Isle of Man. (See? I'm getting gooder at my spilling) The best riders in the world, taking it to the edge and beyond. I think that rider (wish I could remember his name) won in his class a couple of times. His wife said it best....'He died doing what he loved'. May we all be that blessed when we hit the end of the road. Doing what we love.

·
Nightfly
4,598 Posts
There is only one race like the Isle of Mann and it is the speed, it is the obstacles, it's the amazing skill required to not only compete but to even think about winning. It is stunning to watch those riders risk it all, they are the best.

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,918 Posts
Always called Isle of Mann the " Best Of The Best " Had it's share of Death but not all that many for the years it's been running , 1911 I think .. With Speeds and a challenged course like that is going to happen but no question is Motorcycle Racing at it's Finest ..

·
Driftless Rider
1,554 Posts
Ride in Peace, Daley

The greatest expressions of life are found right at the ragged edge. Sometimes the reaper tips the scales, and steals a daring soul.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts