Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if they know if this is a legit website?

I can't post links as my post count is apparently too low, but the website is called

'buyyourmotorcycle(dot)com'
They only have a business in Texas, and I live in Cali. They are selling a used bike that I want for my first bike. I want to get a loan for it as I need like 1500 more to afford it. It's a really good deal, and I feel like I should jump on it fast before someone else does... so I was going to apply for a loan on the page titled: 'Financing', then on the page that says 'apply for Credit now'

But I'm thinking it's not a good idea to put all of my info down if I don't know if it's a legit seller, instead of a scammer. Any help?

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
I looked at the site and didn't see anything wrong really....nothing stood out to me as being a scam....I think a good idea is to see if anyone on here lives close by that can tell you if it's really there and a legit place.....how about it anyone close to Arlington TX.??

the shipping cost will be pretty high I think....something to keep in mind...

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
If you are in CA be very careful. Many bikes are made in 2 versions. There is a CA version and a 49 state version. You will have a hard time registering a 49 state version in CA.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
The website may be legit. However I personally would not buy a used bike that I cannot see or sit on. Especially since it's out of state. I'm not trying to discourage you, that's just my personal opinion. Good luck and I hope you get your bike. Have you sat on that style to make sure it's a good fit for you?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just don't understand the process of which I should go about buying a bike?

All of the used bikes around me are overpriced (like $5000) for 2007 bonneville (which is the style of what I want), kinda makes spending the extra $2000 for a new bike somewhat irrelevant. Finding a first bike is a lot more frustrating than I had thought it would be.

But thanks for your information and opinions, guys. I appreciate it. I made the decision not to purchase from this website, and not to purchase out of state. Appreciate it!

·
American Legion Rider
20,086 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
We were all there once. The bike you want may be greatt for you. I'm no trying to discourage you. Are there any reviews about the company your buying the bike from? Just do you research on the company.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts