Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They're asking $3000, kbb is $3300:

2006 Yamaha V Star Classic!!! Only 4900 Miles, Lot's of Extra's. Detachable Windshield, Leather Saddlebags, Highway Bars, Passenger back rest, After market shotgun pipes, Floor boards, Optional heel shifter!!!Extremely clean!! Please, Serious inquires only, No joy rides. This bike also has neons for night time riding if you use them! lol I'm set on the price, Please no sticklers. If you want a great , built bike with everything in excellent shape... This is it!!!! Clean Title .. Ready to go!

What should I check when looking at this (assuming my T-CLOCS check passes...)?

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
The bike looks to be in good shape except for the saddlebags. Don't see any obvious flaws. The floor boards and heel shifter is how they come, hardly optional equipment.

It has a Dunlop front tire that you need to check for cupping on because they don't last very long on them.

I would offer less than $3,000, he can either take it or not, but I wouldn't go over $2,700 on it, after all, it is 9 years old.

·
Registered
518 Posts
It all sounds fine and seems priced reasonably. I am not a fan of after market exhaust systems as getting the carbs right can be problematic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sounds like a Silverado... Fair deal

They're asking $3000, kbb is $3300:

2006 Yamaha V Star Classic!!! Only 4900 Miles, Lot's of Extra's. Detachable Windshield, Leather Saddlebags, Highway Bars, Passenger back rest, After market shotgun pipes, Floor boards, Optional heel shifter!!!Extremely clean!! Please, Serious inquires only, No joy rides. This bike also has neons for night time riding if you use them! lol I'm set on the price, Please no sticklers. If you want a great , built bike with everything in excellent shape... This is it!!!! Clean Title .. Ready to go!

What should I check when looking at this (assuming my T-CLOCS check passes...)?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts