Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I've been searching for a LED headlight bulb which can be qualified with the regulation of ECE R112.
I'd like to use it in motorcycles instead of vehicles. However, what I can find is a LED bulb that mimic the structure of halogen bulb.

Putting the LED chip in the exact same place as the position of the core in the halogen bulb, it can be similar but it cannot be exactly the same!! Because the optical patterns will never be the same!!

Somehow the structure should be designed like a projector and control the pattern itself. However most of them are designed for cars and are too big to fit in motorcycles.

I like it to be fit in H7 type...so the size of the diameter should be less than 28mm... does anyone knows if there is one?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had to google what ECE 112 was. It looks like a European version of the US Department of Transportation, aka DOT? Asian DOT?
Yes, it is DOT/SAE in US and GB in China. ECE R112 is the only one regulation which E-mark approval should be. R112 illustrates the uniform provisions concerning the approval of motor vehicle headlamps emitting an asymmetrical passing-beam or a driving-beam or both and equipped with filament lamps and/or light-emitting diode (LED) modules. It defines characteristics of a safe low beam including No glare, Good visibility distance, Good road illumination on the road between 25m and 50m, Good width of the beam pattern, Not too much light on the foreground and Enough light on the landscape.
In Taiwan, ECE R112 is used to be regularized.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.