Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

So it's come to my attention that the year that you THINK your bike is may actually be wrong according to the title. My VIN # is CB350-3xxxxxxx... doesn't that make this a K3?

I ordered some parts online recently for my bike. As you all know, they ask for the year of the bike on the sites. They all had me thinking that I have a K4. Now I'm worried that all the parts are going to be wrong. (turn signal switch, drive chain, fuel tank cap latch)... but I'm also thinking the bikes are probably identical and I'll be fine.

Can anybody throw their two cents in on this? :confused:

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW - So I vaguely remember reading something somewhere about finding the actual year on the forks? Is that right? please help!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Regarding K3 or K4

Hey red thunder,

The actual month & year of manufacture will be shown on the frame headpipe (which holds the bearings for the steering stem). If it hasn't fallen off or been removed, there will be a vin plate attached there with two drive screws. Swing the handlebars to the left, and look behind the headlight for the plate.

Also, according to the OEM parts diagram lookup on my local Honda Dealer's website, the CB350 K3 VIN is CB350-3000001 and up. The CB350 K4 is CB350-4000001 and up. This would mean that you have a CB350 K3.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Also,Honda titled the bike in the year it was sold, not the year of manufacture.Good post fxray.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fxray - Thanks so much for the info. As soon as I get her back from the mechanic, I'll be sure to check it out!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I read in one of your other threads that you want to ride your CB350 for a while and then upgrade to another bike. Here's my humble suggestion -- keep the CB350, no matter what else you buy. It is a great looking bike. It is only going to get better as it gets older. Someday, you will be glad you hung on to it.

Just don't put it away for 25+ years with gas in the tank like so many people seem to have done!

M

·
0 Posts
Also,Honda titled the bike in the year it was sold, not the year of manufacture.Good post fxray.

Not always necessarly true.... Got both a 8/73 mfg. date and a 10/73 mfg. date on my two 1974 CB750K4's. Another one that I almost bought had a mfg date of 10/74 and it was also a 74 not a 75. The other important thing that affects the yr is when it arrived in the US.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fxray - I agree! I don't have any plans on selling my CB350 when I get a bigger bike. I think this one will be fun to keep and ride around town once I upgrade. Plus I feel like I might end up wanting to make this a cafe racer one day anyway.

And lastly, it doesn't make sense to sell it when I'm going to get less than what I put into it. So yea, I think I'll be hanging onto it for a while!

·
Registered
419 Posts
also, some of them will have a very very small set of numbers under the model code on the vin plate. Just yesterday I was working on a 85 XL350R and the "model code" was 3K 770. I don't know if this is in any shape relevant, but what the hell eh?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here's a link to the Honda CB350 model year identification. Nicely organized with pics. w w w.honda350k.com Had to print out the link cuz I can't post links or pics yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
73 CB350 G or K5

I went to website listed and I am confused. I have two 73" honda cb350's with frame numbers CB350-500*** Which said on website as cb350 k5 0r G. They have the front disc brake, Candy Orange color. One the white black stripes on tank are different. One the white is 2" wide with bigger black one and the other has very narrow white strip splitting the black stripe. If my memory is correct the G model had the disc brake and a lot of chrome and was the last CB350 made as 74 came the CB360. Any info would be helpful for ordering parts and for the record. I wanted to thank everyone as I am new to this forum for their help

·
Vintage Rider
416 Posts
fxray - ...... Plus I feel like I might end up wanting to make this a cafe racer one day anyway.

And lastly, it doesn't make sense to sell it when I'm going to get less than what I put into it. So yea, I think I'll be hanging onto it for a while!
That bike looks complete, nice and original. You'll end up losing a whole lot more money, if you decide to cafe it.
By the way it is considered a '71 model or K3.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts