Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I check out a bike the other day it was sitting for a few years under a tarp turns out to be a 72 Cl 350 needs a little TLC but runs and drives . Is it worth 700.00?

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Something being sold, is only worth what a person is willing to pay for it. Price doesn't sound unreasonable, if that is the bike "for you!"

-Soupy

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I check out a bike the other day it was sitting for a few years under a tarp turns out to be a 72 Cl 350 needs a little TLC but runs and drives . Is it worth 700.00?
Probably.

Bike pricing is based so much on where you live that I can't be more definite than that. I assume it has a title?

I love the old Hondas as my list of bikes proves.

·
Nightfly
4,424 Posts
For a bike that runs and can be ridden, seven hundred is not out of line. However, as Slumlord stated, as long as it has a title.

·
Registered
27 Posts
$700. was probably close to the price when new and a whole bunch of people thought it was worth it. They were spending dollars that were worth at least seven times what a dollar is worth now so if it is in good shape and can be returned to new condition appearance easily then you'd have what tons of people bought for $700. for $100. of their time's dollars.
If you want to see it in your terms multiplying their dollars by the same likely innaccurate factor. That way they paid $4900. for what you could have for $700.

Is one weird way to look at it, rationalize it, and BUY it. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts