Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow Honda-ers,

I got an exhaust and K&N high flow filter on my 2020 Honda CB300R ABS. I'm thinking of getting Power Commander with Autotune module for it, but I am wondering if it is worth it. The bike is 286cc and has 31HP.. Power Commander with Autotune module is around $600 + install + welding the new O2 sensor in is gonna be around $1000, if not more... I'm not sure if I should make that kind of investment in to a $5000 bike (considering I already spent well over a $1000 for full protective gear and exhaust and some minor mods) and will that make a considerable difference in performance... Any thought/experience on that? I will probably keep this bike forever, b/c I really like it and I dont need anything faster/shinier..

Thank you!

·
Registered
2015 BMW K1600GTL & 2008 Harley Davidson Dyna Super Glide Custom
1,458 Posts
Personally, I would not do that. You can sell the bike and use the upgrade money for a 600cc or whatever you want.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Personally, I would not do that. You can sell the bike and use the upgrade money for a 600cc or whatever you want.
Thanks for the reply! Im trying to stick with a 300cc bike, I feel like 600cc would get me in trouble lol. But I also think, that power commander and autotune is kind of a waste of money for this particular bike because you really dont get a bang for your buck. I mean if the power went from 31HP to 45HP, that would be worth it for me, but I doubt that would be the case.. I just want a little more power on this baby, and I would be completely satisfied with it.

·
American Legion Rider
26,003 Posts
I wouldn't right now. I'd leave that option open for use in a few years after the "new" has worn off. Then adding "might" make it appear like a different or new bike then too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't right now. I'd leave that option open for use in a few years after the "new" has worn off. Then adding "might" make it appear like a different or new bike then too.
Thank you for the reply! I think you are right, I might just keep it the way it s for now and see and do it in a few years. Who knows, I might win the lotto and buy me something super nice haha

·
American Legion Rider
26,003 Posts

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Hogcowboy has given you good advice. Wait a year or two, see how you feel about your bike then. If you still love it like you seem to now, those parts will still be available. Might be cheaper too.

I had a Z 28 Camaro I thought I would keep forever, but a few years later I traded it for a Mustang GT. They're both gone now. Never felt that way about my truck but I keep it year after year after year...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Thanks for the reply! Im trying to stick with a 300cc bike, I feel like 600cc would get me in trouble lol. But I also think, that power commander and autotune is kind of a waste of money for this particular bike because you really dont get a bang for your buck. I mean if the power went from 31HP to 45HP, that would be worth it for me, but I doubt that would be the case.. I just want a little more power on this baby, and I would be completely satisfied with it.
I considered that same path with my Ninja 300 a few years ago. Most guys were reporting about that same jump in hp and said it was a noticeable difference. Most of them also moved on to a 600cc or higher shortly thereafter, although there were a few who were more track oriented and kept them. I had planned on keeping mine as well but really did not like the relatively slow acceleration at highway speeds. When I saw a great deal on Craigslist for my current bike, I bit and haven't looked back... well, mostly. It is very easy to get into trouble with 600cc +... ?

Reactions: Night_Cb300r

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Double post? Weird. Mod, feel free to delete...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts