Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
"Young Grasshopper"
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have a tough question. My first bike, a 1970 trail 90 has been down and out for a while with no spark and a blown head gasket. Ive had so many good times on the little bike. But im going to be moving to the central coast by the end of the school year and I want a bigger more practical bke to carve up the coast on. I want to have both but my mom said I can only have one bike. Also I need the funds to pick up the new bike.

My good friend graceshredder gave me this bike for only the cost of the parts to fix it, and that adds sentimental value, not only that I don't want to offend him by selling it. That puts me in a pickle.

Thoughts?

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,301 Posts
Give it back - but with his help fix it before you leave.

·
American Legion Rider
23,543 Posts
^^^^ +1

·
"Young Grasshopper"
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I don't keep it that is going to be what I do, maybe he can spark the love in a another young guy...But what have you heard about the Lifan engines?

·
Motorbike Macgyver
363 Posts
Lifan are good quality engines. I have no experience with their motorcycle engines, but I had a bicycle with a lifan minibike engine, was super reliable. Also know of a few guys with lifan moped engines on their motorized bicycles, they all love them and they will run at different angles even though the oil is pressure fed. Stands to reason they must make good motorcycle engines too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts