Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got much experience and riding skills from my 150cc bike, so am planning of buying 600cc sportbike. Though, I'll still take some little training b4 hitting the highway. Hope am good to go get the 600cc?

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
I don't see why a rider should have any issues if they are experienced and comfortable riding the 150cc. What concerns do you have?

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,665 Posts
Only a bad idea if you have problems controlling your speed. If you want to put it through its paces, find a track, buy the gear and have a blast.

·
American Legion Rider
23,521 Posts
Are you max'ing the 150 now with no concerns at all with cornering and braking? Then go for it and just watch the throttle. You should be fine.

·
Eating GSXRs, Sh***ing CBRs
1,895 Posts
The only reason people recommend not starting on a 600+cc sportbike is so you can learn the basics of riding without having to worry about crazy power. Once you have the basics down on whatever you started on, you're golden.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
I've got much experience and riding skills from my 150cc bike, so am planning of buying 600cc sportbike. Though, I'll still take some little training b4 hitting the highway. Hope am good to go get the 600cc?
On April 20th you started a different thread asking if we thought it was a good idea for you to buy a 600cc or a 1000cc sport bike as a first bike. Everyone suggested that you start with a smaller bike and learn how to ride first. Now, 3 weeks later, you are claiming to have much experience and riding skills and are asking if we think you are ready to get on a powerful sport bike.

The correct answer is, you can do whatever you want. You don't need our permission. You seem quite determined to sit your ass on a shiny new CBR. But know this: you and only you are responsible for your motorcycling decisions. None of us will be accountable for your insistence to get on a bike that is way out of your league. Our endorsement will not make you an experienced motorcyclist.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts