Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
26,003 Posts
Well, I still say it looks like a Street Glide. Maybe in person they look different but on the internet it looks like a Street Glide. I know it won't handle like one though. Indians do handle so much better than HD's do. That's why I tell everyone not to test ride a Indian unless you are ready to buy one because you'll want to. That could dig at you if you weren't ready to trade later.

·
Premium Member
9,892 Posts
Interesting stuff.
I think the guy white guy gave us some slightly hyped info. " It weighs 750 pounds, it is a super light bike. It is like a nimble sport bike, like a gixer. I can not scrape this bike "
All the while in an orange and black jacket.

IMO. A super light sport bike would be like a Ducati at 375 pounds. 750 pounds can not be as nimble as 400 pounds, or Einstein is wrong. It may feel more nimble than a Harley.
I would bet good money that any good gixer rider would be scraping parts within 3 blocks.

What I would like is a more subdued opinion of the Indian versus the Harley, not a canned speech with misleading info.

What both seem to do well, is chug down the highway at 75 mph at low revs, and can pass cages without shifting. All the while carrying a ton of stuff.

UK

·
American Legion Rider
26,003 Posts
Interesting stuff.
I think the guy white guy gave us some slightly hyped info. " It weighs 750 pounds, it is a super light bike. It is like a nimble sport bike, like a gixer. I can not scrape this bike "
All the while in an orange and black jacket.

IMO. A super light sport bike would be like a Ducati at 375 pounds. 750 pounds can not be as nimble as 400 pounds, or Einstein is wrong. It may feel more nimble than a Harley.
I would bet good money that any good gixer rider would be scraping parts within 3 blocks.

What I would like is a more subdued opinion of the Indian versus the Harley, not a canned speech with misleading info.

What both seem to do well, is chug down the highway at 75 mph at low revs, and can pass cages without shifting. All the while carrying a ton of stuff.

UK
That's a Indian sales pitch. I've had both. Still have my Indian. There's a difference between HD and Indian but not the extremes this guy was stating. Yes my land yacht, a Roadmaster, which is about the same as a HD CVO Electra Glide Ultra Classic does handle better. But the RM is less expensive and CVO does have one or two more accessories. But you have to go to the CVO to come close in comparing. However the paint between the two goes to HD hands down. But I could never say the RM handles like a sport bike. That guy is just full of it there. It does or will surprise you on just how well it does handle. But to get mine to handle as well as it does I had to pump the air pressure up from the recommended by several pounds. But it's no sport bike. On the highway yes, but get into slow parking lot stuff and a sport bike will walk away. I can flick mine around pretty good but you just can't compare 400 pounds to 900+ and say they are equal. Close but no cigar.:wink2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts