Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm spending a LOT of time in Albuquerque because of the new GF.

Came across this article in TIME:

http://ideas.time.com/2013/09/27/why-breaking-bad-rings-true-to-me/

The REAL story is in the comments, not the (biased, imho) story itself.

ABQ has a massive rich/poor divide, vibrant food and culture, and a drug/war zone that is ever growing ALONG with massive state AND local police corruption, imho.

The other day the SAME drug dealer got s topped "for a taillight" by two different cops, the 2nd one ANGRY that the first one had confiscated the drugs and money and let him go. Kinda sez it all.

·
Registered
21 Posts
We used to love to stay at a nice little hotel off of Juan Tabo and spent time in the plaza or hitting some of the pool halls along route 66. We never had any problems with gangs or suspicious people. But then the police started ramping up there stopping of people on motorcycles, and the results were bad for the riders so we stopped going to Albuquerque and started going to Colorado springs instead.

·
Eating GSXRs, Sh***ing CBRs
1,895 Posts
My wife, daughter and I spent a few days there on our way out to L.A. a few years ago. We loved it so much that when we were interested in moving south, we started to research living there. I was very shocked at the crime rates and government corruption there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts